|𝟑𝟐| 𝐒𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥

My phone rang next to my head and I groaned, rolling over onto my back as I answered, pressing it to my ear

"Hello." I grumbled tiredly, scratching just above my eyebrow as my eyes adjusted to the dark room.

"Hi." A small voice says on the other line, waking me right the hell up. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

I smiled at the sound of her voice. "Kinda. What's up?"

I already knew what she needed, but I guess it didn't hurt just to make sure she didn't need me to pick her up off the side of the road again.

"Couldn't sleep." She said almost guiltily, making me laugh a little.

"Oh?"

"Oh." She groaned. "I miss you."

"Yeah?"

I heard her sigh. "And my bed, I really miss my bed."

Laughing, I pressed the button to FaceTime her, she answered almost immediately. The small amount of light from my screen illuminated my face and she laughed when I screwed my eyes shut.

"It's so damn bright, man."

She hummed and when I opened my eyes, her face was all up in the screen and she was grinning at me.

"Even when you make ugly sour-baby faces, you're still pretty cute."

"Oh, yeah?"

Even though the idea of sleep sounded better than anything else right now, I sat up a little bit and turned on my lamp so she could see me better.

I gave my biggest smile, but she wasn't looking anymore, so I just stared at her ceiling with a huge smile on my face until her face was back in the frame.

"I've just been watching you smile at the phone like an idiot for the last minute, and I have to say that I'm very impressed that after that much smiling, your facial bones didn't cave in and stab you in the brain."

"Wish they did." I yawned. "I'm so tired."

She frowned, bringing her phone up to eye level again. "Then go to sleep. Don't let me keep you up."

I didn't know how to, in the least awkward way possible, tell her that I didn't want to hang up. That I'd been craving the sweet sound of her voice and that weird laugh of hers. That I'd missed the way talking to her made my stomach feel, or how my heart swelled at the mere image of her.

"Nah, I can take a nap tomorrow."

"It is tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes and she laughed again. "You know what I mean."

Then it was quiet and I just watched as she set me up so I could see her doing her skincare stuff. She put on eye cream, something she informed me was toner, then a little like dropper-thingy of... oil? What the hell? Then retinol ser... something. I couldn't see what the rest of the label said. Moisturizer and more oily stuff.