|𝟏𝟓| 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

I knew exactly where he went

I knew exactly where he went. He wasn't looking for me, he was with Sky.

This was exactly why I didn't like him. He was untrustworthy and reckless. I trusted him, took his word, and I was stupid enough to think that he could, for one minute, keep his head in the game he willingly participated to play in.

I didn't want to tell him I knew though, he was obviously feeling guilty. And while I felt like he should know that I wasn't a complete idiot, I thought I'd leave it up to drunk-me to spill what I knew.

Kamden was standing in the far corner with my cup in his hand, covered by a piece of foil he found in the kitchen earlier. His eyes kept flickering between me and his friends as he conversed with his fellow teenage boys.

I was glad he was taking something about this night seriously.

Allie squealed, jabbing my shoulder with her long acrylic nails. "I forgot to tell you!"

"Huh?"

"Okay, so basically, you know Holly? On the basketball team?" I nodded. She nodded back at me, taking a swig from her drink before saying, "She quit the team because of some shit with the coach. And nobody wants to join because they think you're still on the team and rumors have been superrr fucked recently. So... maybe if you talked to the coach...?"

I hummed, shrugging. "Maybe, but you know how she gets with that stuff."

"Oh, no, no, no! They hired a new coach."

Frowning, I felt around in my bra for a moment for my phone. "What? Why?"

"They-" the music got turned up louder, interrupting Allie. "HEY, DICKHOLES, I'M FUCKING TALKING, TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!"

"MAKE US!"

"Give me a second!" She yelled to me over the music. She climbed up onto the platform where they had the speakers, the aux, and other shit and got in one of the guy's face. I followed after her just in case. Allie had a thing for getting herself into trouble for no reason.

"LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKING 5'3 LITTLE BITCH-" I pulled Allie back by her sleeve, ushering her off the platform. "Yo! Let me at him, Paise! I could take that ugly garden gnome!"

I snickered, pulling her toward Kamden and his friends.

One thing I knew for sure about teenage boys was that they liked to talk. Or rather comment, on things they had no place commenting on. The anxiety of the possible conversations that they could start about things I didn't want to talk about slid through each and every one of my veins easier than my blood did.

I tightened my grip on Allie's sleeve as I noticed the way a few eyes from the corner of the room flickered in our direction. I easily pulled Allie to a stop behind me when I made my way beside Kamden, grabbing one of his fingers and tugging on it to get his attention.