|𝟐𝟕| 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

Mom had been on her ass all month

Mom had been on her ass all month. Frank died just last week, and she had to worry about all the expenses and how she would cover everything without having to fall back on Kamden's parents. All while trying to grieve, too.

Just an hour after the hospital called mom to tell her the fucker didn't make it, she called up mama and papa asking about how they would feel about us moving back in. I wished I could say that it was a mutual decision between us two. In reality, though, I didn't want to leave, and I hadn't known we were leaving at the end of the month until Kamden told me about a conversation he overheard.

From what I'd been told, we were going to have to leave anyway though because mama and papa were on the verge of... you know. The Big D. Not that big D. But like as in death. I was referring to the word death.

Anyway...

It was going to be a hard adjustment. Especially so soon after another hard adjustment. Perhaps it wouldn't be because of the fact that it was a switch that had been made before when we had to live with them. But now I was older and it was something I doubted I'd forget like I did when I was little.

"Please don't pack." Kam frowned, blowing hair out of my face. I scowled at him, palming his face.

Now that we'd gotten a little more comfortable with each other, he was always doing that. Among many other things. This boy loved blowing my hair out of my face instead of moving it away, breaking into my room whenever he pleased to take a nap or some shit, rummage through my stuff when he got bored, play Minecraft on my phone.

Yesterday, he literally went through an entire one of my drawers and told me which of my shirts were his favorites. Yeah, fucking right.

"Don't hit me." He scowled right back at me and I just blinked at him, unbothered. "You think you're so hard, but one of these days..."

"One of these days what, pussy?" I taunted. His eyebrows shot up in surprise and he laughed, cocking his head to the side and smile-pouting like he'd just seen the cutest thing ever. "What are you going to do?"

He then smirked. "Oh, you'll see."

He just kept looking at me like I was a cute cat videos come to life, fascinated. I shook my head, shrugging as if to tell him what.

"Nothing." He mumbled, reaching for my hands.

I held them out to him and he smiled, tangling his finger with mine. His eyes were so soft when they were on me. It was like this kind of adoration that made my tummy churn with excitement.

We just watched each other for several moments, not exchanging a single word, pushing out hands back and forth between each other.

I was wondering about when we were going to go on that date because we kept putting it off, but I didn't want to ruin the moment. The quiet was nice and I felt like savoring it for just a little longer. With him. With us, really.