|𝟐𝟔| 𝐎𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬

lol, this asshole's going to die

Frank got admitted to the hospital last night after he collapsed by the stairs. I mean, I gave zero fucks, but apparently, I was obligated to seeing him as we lived under the same roof and I had to get my ass tested. That crusty-ass decrepit old man had COVID.

"AW, FUCK!" I cursed, sneezing louder than I imagined an elephant would, rubbing my nose. "Of course that asshole had to get freaking sick."

The doctor laughed. "Your results should be ready in about twenty minutes. You stay in here while I go take this over, I'll be right back."

I sniffled, rubbing my nose again. Then my phone rang and I slid it out of my back pocket. Kam was FaceTiming me.

I smiled, answering the phone and keeping it at an awkward angle so he got a good look at my bubble chin.

He hummed. "Mm-hmm, we've figured out how you got me to like you so much."

"I got swabbed, man." I rubbed my nose again and he did too.

"Tell me about it." A groan came from the back of his throat. "You know, getting swabbed really made my life flash before my eyes and I think I've come to a conclusion."

"That conclusion being...?" I trailed off expectantly.

He grinned, flashing his pearly whites at me. I rolled my eyes. "We should go on a date."

I froze. Come again? "Huh?"

"Well, we are in love and everything, right? So I feel like maybe a date is a given."

"Hmm..." I tapped my chin, feigning thoughtfulness. "Is this you professing your undying love to me, McKenna?"

"If that's what it takes, then fuck yeah, I am."

I laughed and blew him a kiss from my side of the phone. "I'll think about it."

He rolled his eyes, tossing his head back with a groan. "Please just say yes."

"Or I could just reject the hell out of you."

"Nah, I can't see that."

"I can."

"Yeah, well, that's because you're a pessimist."

I scoffed. "I'm hanging up now, Kam."

He blew me a kiss before sticking up his middle finger at me and I hung up just as the doctor came into the room. I pulled my mask over my nose and smiled despite her not being able to see it. But I felt like my eyes always showed that I was smiling. Fake or not.

"You're all clear, little miss."

"Thanks." I smiled, rolling my shoulders back as I stood, shoving my phone into my pocket. "That swab thing was torture."