|𝟏𝟕| 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

"Because I didn't want you finding out that I was completely in love with you

"Because I didn't want you finding out that I was completely in love with you."

What the fuck does that even mean, I thought. Like hell he was "in love" with me - more like he was in love with having a stick up his ass.

How could he have just out and said that-- especially knowing that he had a whole girlfriend? It. Was. Fucking. WEIRD. And now I couldn't stop thinking about it. Out of everything I had to remember, that's what my brain had decided on letting me recall? I didn't even remember getting into bed last night, but here I was.

I groaned loudly and slid my hands down my face, thrashing in my spot before going still against my mattress. I would have much rather screamed than thrown myself around like a child but maybe it wasn't exactly the best idea to alert the rest of the household that I was losing my mind.

Maybe he said it because he figured I wouldn't remember. So, if I acted like I didn't... fuck me. What was I going to do? This wasn't normal, people-- guys, don't talk like that.

I blew raspberries at the ceiling before throwing my legs over my bed and moving to stand up. Stretching my arms over my head, a small moan left my lips. I grabbed my towel off of the back of my desk chair and pushed open the ajar bathroom door.

There standing at the sink with their toothbrush in their mouth was Kamden, staring at me curiously.

"What?"

He shrugged. "I just heard a weird noise, that's all."

"I was stretching." I frowned at his slight suspicion. The fuck did he think I was doing? He simply hummed and continued brushing his teeth.

Once he was out of the bathroom, I finally got in the shower. Much to my surprise, there was actually some hot water left.

It was so weird having to worry about if there was ever hot water left or not. Of course, when we were living in the apartment, it was a little bit of an issue-- especially when Michael was visiting. But now there weren't just three to four people, there were seven people in this house. That was kind of crazy to me. I was used to small.

By the time I got out, it was already three in the afternoon. I was glad it was Winter break, otherwise, I'd be running on about four hours of sleep right about now.

I groaned internally at the thought of school starting back up again soon. I wished it could be Christmas forever. Speaking of Christmas, I had gifts to wrap. I'd almost forgot about I went shopping last month for gifts for everyone. And by everyone, I mean my mom and friends.

I pulled out the very bottom drawer and grabbed my medicine bag. Setting it down on the counter, I went back into my room to grab the cup of water on my desk. I dumped out the day-old liquid and filled it with the warmest water the sink was willing to provide me with.