|𝟐𝟑| 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧

"This is all your fault!" I yelled at Allie, yanking my blankets off of her with a scowl

"This is all your fault!" I yelled at Allie, yanking my blankets off of her with a scowl. "We're going to be late! Get up!"

"We don't have school." She grumbled, and I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest like an aggravated white soccer mom.

"Says who?"

She sits up with a yawn, tossing her head back against my headboard. "Parents should have gotten an email."

I couldn't tell if she thought she was a fucking comedian or if she was for once in her life not being a complete menace.

My fingers curled against my hip. "Are you messing with me because you don't want to go? Why don't we have school?"

"Covid," She shrugged like it was no big deal.

I thought covid was just a joke. "Are you for real?"

"Yup." She opened her eyes to look at me. "But I think it's only for a week and then we're going back. They just want to be safe, I guess."

Then it dawned on me. I got ready for nothing. I groaned in frustration, pulling my pants off like a maniac. Throwing them at the wall, I reached under my shirt to unclasp my bra. I pulled the straps down my arms before tugging them off from under my shirt.

"I did all this for what," I grumbled, throwing myself on my bed so I'm lying next to her.

She gave me a funny look. "Girl, don't even act like I didn't try telling you."

"You always play around like that, I thought you weren't being for real." I barely got through my sentence when she rolled her eyes at me like what I was accusing her of was ridiculous.

"I always keep it one hundred, my man." She mocked a deep voice, holding her hand out for me. "Dap me up."

This girl.

I rolled my eyes, swatting her hand away.

She shook her head solemnly. "Homies don't treat each other like that, my brother."

"Fuck off," I laughed as I shoved her lightly.

We both got quiet for a moment and I realized that since my mom didn't tell me anything about having the week off, I would have to go tell her. The chances of having a civil conversation with her after having not talked for almost an entire month were slimmer than a single strand of hair.

My smile slowly fell, and so did Allie's, when she noticed the look on my face. She offered a sympathetic look, rubbing my shoulder in hopes to comfort me.

"Hey, what's up with that look? What's wrong, Paise?"

I sighed in frustration. "Fuck, I don't know anymore."

She nodded but remained silent, leaning her head against my shoulder and bringing my body close to hers.

Maybe I felt upset now because I wouldn't have school as a distraction. When I was away from school too long, it felt like my mind was crumbling in on itself. Because then, I didn't have an excuse for my nerves or mood swings anymore.