Chapter 42: Something Good

Start from the beginning

I watched him for a couple minutes, taking in the way his eyelashes fluttered a bit in his sleep and the way his hair swept across his forehead in a sleepy way. I reached out my hand under the blanket so it touched his warm body and lightly ran my fingers along his waist, earning a small shiver from him.

I slid closer and wrapped my arm around his body, pulling him into mine. With a small sigh, Liam shifted into my chest easily and rested his head into my neck. His cool breath ran across my skin softly and I was the one who shivered this time.

As I lay on my back staring up at the ceiling, I tried to focus on Liam's calm breathing and the rise and fall of his body. It helped a little but it wasn't enough. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration as the same images that had been haunting my mind for the past four weeks danced once more across my vision.

It never went away. I didn't understand why it just wouldn't leave me be. I had told Liam about it and he said that it was probably from all the stress. I'd tried everything to relax and get my body to calm down before I went to sleep. Though nothing had seemed to work considering the images never disappeared.

And now, seeing as they refused to leave, they had finally conjured up a way to form all into a dream. So instead of images, it was now one simple dream that awoke me every night with its meshed images and intense hues. I couldn't escape from it.

The dream itself wasn't exactly a nightmare. It was more of a reality that I didn't want to perceive or be a part of. I didn't want to remember it. Then again, who did?

Sadness washed over me and I couldn't help the wave of tears that pushed into my eyes. No matter how much I wanted to cry, though, I knew I couldn't. I had to let it go because what's done is done. The past is the past and I only had to look forward to the future.

I was going to be positive that something good would happen for us.

I finally could feel the tension in my body leave me when I felt a pair of warm fingers gently wrapping around a ball of my shirt. I brought my eyes down to see orbs of honey-brown staring up at me sleepily.