Chapter 71 - Repentance

Start from the beginning

"From all the things I have suffered, you're asking me to stay with you? Are you that stupid, your highness?!"

"I guess I am" He spoke as he remembered how the tears went down Pier's eyes.

"You dare of making me your concubine?" He also remembered the disgusted look Pier had on his face as he spoke those words to him.

"I'm sorry"

"You're an insolent and disgusting person, your highness!"

"I know I am"

"Is that what you were planning all along while I chased you before, your highness?"

"That is correct. I planned to make you my concubine since you continued to chase me." Asher laughed at his own responses to the memories that replayed in his mind.

"And it was the worst decision I have made in my entire life, young master," He whispered as he leaned back on the chair and brought the paper above him. It was slightly crumpled since he was not used to holding things with his left hand.

"It was all of my faults why you went out of your way to escape the kingdom. I have made you suffer too much." He brought the paper down to his lips as he whispered his apologies and repentance to the sins he made towards the successor of their sworn household.

"If I could talk to you one last time, it would contain all of the admissions to the mistakes I made"

"If you would let me speak with you again, I would cherish every second of hearing your voice respond to my own statements"

"If only I could turn back time then I will if it means I get to be close with you again"

"I would receive your gifts"

"Receive your letters"

"Come to the place you'd ask for us to meet"

"Return the affections you harbor for me"

The last statement made him slightly happy.

What would he be like if he had accepted Pier and returned the young master's love for him?

The Belmiunde Household would become a full-time Royalty Household.

His father would not be disappointed in him.

He would have the person he desired right now by his side.

"Everything would have been perfect if you were mine even before all of this mess." He sighed as he closed his eyes while the paper was still on top of his face.

"But now you've decided to live your life on your own without me." He felt his chest tighten and he wanted to cry at how it was badly hurting him.

"I made you kneel, I made you cry, I made you do embarrassing things just for my own benefit."

"I regret it... I regret it so much," He spoke as his voice quivered and tears started to stream down his eyes.

Asher Lumiere was hurting.

It was all he could feel right now.

He could not find any reason to be happy when he knew he had caused the greatest mistake he had done in his life and made the young master leave the kingdom.

"It... hic... It was stupid of me to think you would stay by my side if I asked you to become mine," He spoke as his left arm covered his eyes and the paper that was in between became wet with the Crown Prince's tears.

"Pier... please return to the kingdom... I would do everything you wanted me to do," He spoke in desperation and need.

He wanted to catch a glimpse of the young master again.