26. 𝘉𝘓𝘜𝘌

Start from the beginning

"They created a humanoid monster instead."

"Right. They were successful into bioengineering Quirks, but the human had lost all sense of thinking and it became a humanoid in the end," Hawks answered and crossed his arms. "As for this kid, well, I thought they would treat her more preciously for being the only successful one so far.."

Endeavor remains quiet once again, not sure how to respond. The matters regarding the experiment is a big secret only a few knew, and he knew you were one of the many who was subjected to this. How many children have died or have been disabled for life because of it?

He could only imagine.

"Oh! If you don't mind me asking," Hawks said with a cheeky grin. "What made you agree to be her benefactor and guardian? I thought Endeavor wasn't into these type of responsibilities? And she's engaged with your son too?"

The Flaming Hero only sharply glances at Hawks for being too nosy. The engagement was no secret, but he didn't think that Hawks would know something too personal. It was only discussed within the family and close aides, but the information already reached Hawks due to his wide range of connections.

Endeavor has no plans on indulging Hawks with his curiosity so he decides to change the topic instead. "There must be a reason why they don't treat this child like a treasure," Endeavor said as he brought his fingers to his chin to ponder. "Using her all these years for war at such a young age.."

"There must be a secret to it, huh?" Hawks suggested, glancing at the older male for his reaction. "And I'm not talking about the Commission withholding information about those doctors."

Endeavor silently nods at this, feeling a bit uneasy with his newfound theory. "There must be another Quirk that we don't know about," Endeavor concluded.

❅✦❅

Instead of being blinded by the white ceiling and illuminating fluorescent lights, or getting a waft of antiseptic and medicine, you're greeted with pitch black surroundings.

Your normally hot skin feels damp and cold as if you were drenched from the rain, your nose tingling at the scent of petrichor that filled the air. There's ice cold water up to your ankles, making you shiver while it seeps through your skin. However, what catches your attention the most was the small, blue, ember floating above water, illuminating a small area, like a will-o-wisp.

It flickers from the nonexistent wind and it starts to burn brightly when you approach it cautiously. Afraid that it might burst and engulf you with its flames, you stand from a distance, enough to feel the radiating heat.

"Heh, why don't you come closer, Y/n?" The voice sounds young and cheeky, like an adolescent boy around your age. "Or else you won't properly see me."

You're hesitant at first, but you realize this isn't remotely close to reality so you decided to follow the voice. The small flame flickers once again before it started to burn brighter that you have to close your eyes. When you open your eyes, you find yourself in the arms of a handsome boy, holding you tightly on his lap.

His sharp eyes are a deep color of blue with a beauty mark underneath one eye. Not to mention, his long slicked back hair is in flames with an ombre shade of dark blue to the roots to a lighter shade to the tips. His skin feels scorching hot against yours and a physique that greatly resembles Todoroki.