55 | trust

Sohyun~

Sohyun~

After what happened at the train tracks, Beomgyu and I took some time off each other and created distance. We didn't officially breakup, just a breather to think things through.

I do want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I just don't know how to approach the topic. I don't even know if he still wants to marry me.

"I'm so glad you came." I tried to hold back my tears once he arrived. I messaged him earlier, asking him to come see me at my place. I wasn't too sure if he was actually going to do it.

"Of course," Beomgyu smiled and took my hand in his. "I really missed you, sunshine."

"You're not mad at me anymore?" I couldn't contain it anymore, I immediately became a crying mess. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and rested my head against his beating chest. His heart... I can hear it pounding so loudly.

"I told you, I wasn't mad. You were the one distancing yourself away from me," he rolled his eyes. "I was waiting for you to call me first."

"What?" My eyes grew wide. "This whole time... gosh, I was afraid you'd get angry if I tried calling you too soon. So I was just scared for no absolute reason?"

"Seems to be the case." He grabbed my waist and we fell onto my bed. I gulped the lump in my throat as I stared into his dazzling eyes.

Gosh, it really has been a while.

"Damn it." I leaned down and placed my lips onto his. Our lips moved in unison, perfectly fitting the other's. I seriously missed that taste of his.

"Marry me, Sohyun. I'm asking again this time with no more hesitations." Beomgyu mumbled against my neck.

"And I will say yes this time without any hesitations as well," I replied. "Coming back to my hometown was the second best decision I have ever made."

"What's the first?" His eyes look extra sparkly and round today, as he stared into mine.

"Falling in love with you again." I whispered.

___________________________

Beomgyu~

I admit, I was taken aback and hurt after Sohyun confessed her intentions. Within the short time we took a break from each other, I really thought things through and what it meant to trust someone.

I got my answer eventually. I still trust her and I will continue to trust our love. It can be earned, some others work on it for their whole lives. We can take it slow, together.

Since I already got my thoughts through, I waited until she did as well. I waited for her to eventually message me, and at one point I thought she never would. I was on the verge of calling, when I suddenly got a text.

My Sunshine ⛅️

I need you

Right now

It's as if a flash of déjà vu came back to me, I instantly grabbed my things and headed to her place. It was after her eighteenth birthday, wasn't it? When I took her to the beach and she confessed to me.

"I'm so glad you came." Sohyun tried so hard not to cry.

Gosh, I missed her like crazy.

The rest of that day, my fiancée and I took the time to get to know each other better. We talked about our lives throughout the last ten years and what we both want in the future. It felt nice not hiding things from her anymore, vice versa. I'm so glad she could now be her real self around me.

"You have no idea how happy I am to know that you remember everything. A lot of our memories hold such heavy weight." I just stared lovingly at her face, as if imprinting her beauty into my brain.

"I appreciate that you tried bringing me the happy ones back. That must have been so hard for you, to live through that thought again with the fear of getting caught." She pressed her forehead against mine.

"You told me earlier the two best things you've done," I brushed her hair away from her face. "I know we didn't start off on the right foot in the past, but my first one would have to be taking you home with me after you got covered in flour. I'm glad I asked you out that day."

"What's the second one?"

"Never giving up on you. Even after ten years of hopelessly waiting, I still continued to love you each day thinking you'd come back. I'm glad I held on."

[THE END]
___________________________

Thanks everyone for reading this story! I know it's not like my other books where the storyline goes 📈📉📈📉 haha :) I know the vibe of this was a bit more gloomy and grim, which was intended. Anyways, this book meant a lot to me and I'm glad I was able to put it out ^_^ Please remember that your mental health and wellbeing comes first!

🪴 Thoughts on this book ???

Also, I would like to announce that I will be taking a short break for now to restore my health after I got covid. I'll definitely announce it when I'm back with new work! Thanks for all the endless love and support.

Song: DVWN (다운) — Home