51 | witness

⚠️ TW // death

⚠️ TW // death

Sohyun~

"Look, you didn't do anything wrong. We had no idea that would be the outcome, at least we came here and quickly found her body..." I tried to calm Beomgyu down once the police and investigation team arrived, but he's very shaken up. "Don't beat yourself up."

"What do I tell Leo?" He put his head in his hands. "I told him I'd help him find her."

"You did find her..." just not alive. "There's nothing else we can do. We'll just have to be there for him and Hyejin."

"Do you think it's okay if they stay at our place for a while? I'm scared Leo will do something to himself..." he sighed. "If you don't feel comfortable with it, then I'll find another way to keep them secured."

"No, I'm absolutely fine with that." I gave him my full support. I know what Hyejin must be going through right now- I was around the same age when Taehyun....

"Thank you, sunshine." Beomgyu pecked my forehead.

"I'm always here for you, okay?" I rested my head on his shoulders. The muffled noises of the commotion somewhat felt assuring, knowing that at least there's someone here with us now. It was so scary earlier and Beomgyu was alone in there. They had to cover Nana's full body on the way out, as it was too gruesome.

I know what Beomgyu witnessed will be hard on him for a while.

"Hey, you can't do that!" I got up and shooed away the reporters who tried getting near Hyejin. She's still very shaken up and confused by the situation.

"We're gonna take you back home to your dad, is that okay?" Beomgyu asked her and she nodded.

"How about mommy?" She tilted her head. Hyejin pointed behind me, near the ambulance. "She's waving at me right now."

"What? Where?" I felt the chills as I looked at the direction she's pointing at.

"She just said goodbye." The little girl pointed.

____________________________

Beomgyu~

"That bastard who did this to her will pay." Leo bawled as the investigation team showed her remains. When he first found out about what happened... his cries were unbearable to hear. It was too painful.

"Was there no CCTV camera?" I asked the investigators and they nodded.

"There were none at the motel, but there were a few at the station. We found the person who met with Nana before going to the motel. According to her daughter's testimony, it matched up. We're on the lookout right now." One of them explained.

"It's the Eagles, right? I've always known that guy was obsessed with my wife... he kept harassing her even after we had Hyejin. Fucking hell, we even set up a restraining order against him. He couldn't catch a damn break." Leo gritted his teeth.

"He must have threatened her," Sohyun commented. "There was no way she'd leave you because she wanted to. I'm assuming she was scared for a long time, and she never wanted to divorce you. Before she passed, she told me she loves you."

"She did?" Leo bittersweetly smiled. There's so much pain written allover his pain.

"Did she leave a note or any hints?" One of the investigators asked.

"Not that I'm aware of. I'll have to look throughout the house." He looked down and shivered.

"We'll help you." Sohyun patted his back.

I remember when I first thought Sohyun passed, Leo helped me go through her stuff that I had with me. It was comforting, and I definitely couldn't have done that by myself. I should really be here for him during this time.

"We're always here for you and Hyejin, okay?" I gave him a big warm hug.

"Thank you, I really mean it. Also, I'm going to stay strong for Hyejin. She's the only one I have now." He wiped away his tears.

"And us. You have us." Sohyun joined our embrace.

____________________________

I'm literally so sick rn but I got tested yesterday and it was negative, although someone in my household is positive rn🥲 I missed 3 weeks of work already aaaa im gonna get fired

Song: DEAN — The Unknown Guest