36 | in ten years

10 years later

10 years later

Beomgyu~

"Sir, we found this boy at Han River. He was about to jump off the bridge." One of the staff told me as he lead me to the conference room.

"Make sure to keep an eye on him. Provide him with a room and double check to see if he has anything dangerous on him. I'll talk to him myself later, once he has calmed down." I told the guy since he's a newbie.

"The session has started." Another worker told me and I nodded, sitting behind the watch glass to listen to their problems. My sister runs the sharing circle sessions, where the kids tend to open up better.

I opened a non-profit organization right after I graduated from business school, basically turning my dream into a reality. I created mental health hotlines and centres for teens who can't afford private therapy services. We also have dorms for those who can't come home right now temporarily, or for those who don't have homes to return to.

Being able to help out many people has put me at ease with myself. It also makes me very happy to see teens gain hope again and I get a lot of support from those around me. If I had this type of service available when I was younger, my life would have probably been a lot different.

I've been there, done that. I know how these children feel. I know how it feels like to be alone and at your lowest point.

It's already been a decade since I lost the love of my life. Not a day has passed by where I didn't think think of her.

In some ways, I admit that one of the reasons I made this organization was to lessen the guilt I had from Sohyun's death. It's been one of my coping mechanisms.

Leo

Dude I found you a girl

I think you'll like her

Stop you always say that

No bc you need to actually start
lowering your standards

Ur already twenty eight

At this point you'll die alone

Shut up and go back to your wife

Aren't you supposed to be taking
care of your daughter rn?

She's at school

Pls go to the blind date today

Did you gamble again?

Don't tell me you lost a bet

Ok yea I did

So help me out one more time
im begging you

No

I'm telling your wife

DON'T YOU DARE

If you tell Nana im dead meat
once I get home

How long have you been away?

Like three weeks maybe

Four??

Your daughter needs you

Stop being so immature and
selfish

Did you and Nana fight
again?

Yeah we did...

Ok let's make a deal

If you go on this blind date,
I'll come home today

Deal?

I won't gain anything from that

You win either way

I'll treat you! Chimaek, good?
(chicken + beer)

Whatever sure

You know im broke lol

I know

You still need to pay me back

I'll pay it back someday!

Don't even bother

Send me the location

"See you guys later!" I told the employees and they bid me their farewells.

I got on my Benz and hit the location Leo sent me into my GPS. It's at one of the cafés in Itaewon, so it's going to be a lot harder to find walking wise than driving.

Once I got there, it took me a while before finding the place since the area has tons of cafés. I went inside the café and noticed a girl sitting by the glass windows, looking around for somebody. There's only the baristas and her here, so I'm guessing she's the one.

She's really pretty. Straight brown hair and big eyes, prominent nose, giving me an idea that she's probably mixed.

"Hi, I'm Choi Beomgyu. Are you Cass?" I asked and she stood up to give me a handshake.

"Yes, I am! Nice to meet you." She smiled and her dimples appeared.

We actually had a very nice chat for a while. I found out that she lived abroad for a long time but was in the same batch as me in high school. We were even in the same class, maybe I just didn't notice her.

"You know, there's going to be a reunion soon for our graduating class. You should come with me!" Cass offered but I kind of just shuddered.

In fact, after Sohyun was pronounced dead I haven't been back to that school since. It would bring back a lot of bad memories seeing those people. I've only kept up with Leo and Nana, since they were my closest friends then. Even though Nana and I went through a rough patch, I was way more than glad to help her and Leo when they had their baby at nineteen.

"Thanks for the invite, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. I'm quite busy that day." I made up a lie.

"That's unfortunate. It's been ten years since we last saw our classmates and they've been dying to see you again. If by chance you find some extra time then, just call me. You have my number."

"I'll think about it."

___________________________

MAMA awards did TXT so dirty naurr and i stayed up until 8am for that:') They still did well anyways hehe

Song: Justin Bieber — Ghost