18 | butterfly

Beomgyu~

Beomgyu~

"I'm really sorry, Sohyun. I can't believe they did this to you." My heart shattered as I saw the bruises allover her body.

"You came right in time. They didn't touch me there." She reassured me but I still felt very guilty. If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't be targeting her.

"I'll pick you up and drop you home everyday from now on, understand? I promised your mom that I'll take care of you." I kissed her bruise and she winced.

"At least there's no wounds this time. They take longer to heal." She tried to make me feel better, but I'm still regretful for leaving her to walk home by herself.

"You don't deserve to hurt like this." I just looked down in guilt.

"I talked back to them, so I deserved it. I should have just kept quiet." Sohyun pulled my collar down and kissed me. I closed my eyes to savour the moment.

"Sunshine, there's something really stupid I want to tell you." I tucked some of her bangs behind her ears. Her hair is starting to grow a bit.

"What is it?" She stared at me with her big sparkly eyes.

"I love you."

___________________________

Sohyun~

My heart skipped a beat when Beomgyu said those three words to me. They are just words, letters from the alphabet that somehow made me feel things I've never felt before.

But why can't I seem to say it back?

"I don't love myself yet," a tear fell down my cheeks as I came into the realization. "I need to get myself together first before I fall in love with you."

"Don't force yourself to love me back. I'm fine with this; you being here for me is way more than enough..." he pulled me into a warm embrace. "I'll do anything in my will to protect you from this day on."

"You've changed so much from when I first met you. I'm very proud of you." I looked at him endearingly.

"That's the best thing anyone has ever said to me," his smile could reach the skies. "As much as you don't realize it yet, you've also changed a lot as well. You've bloomed out of your cocoon- like a beautiful butterfly."

"Stop making me giggle." I held back my laughter.

The way my heart fluttered. I didn't even know I was capable of these emotions.

Beomgyu and I stayed in the car for a while longer, in attempt to calm me down and monitor me after what happened with the Eagles. I thought I was completely okay, until I came into sudden realization. What could have happened, but didn't. In some ways I'm grateful but upset as well.

He dropped me in front of my house, where I then became nervous at how my mom will react once she sees my bruises. I've been pretty good at hiding them, but these ones are just too visible.

"What happened to you?" The concern written allover her whole face was evident.

"I got into a fight. You know, when your son looks like a boy... it gets more physical." I deeply sighed.

"Who are those boys parents? I will call them! They shouldn't have done this to you." Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Just forget it, there were like ten of them. It was my fault anyways, so I kind of deserved it. Beomgyu came and helped me, hence why I wasn't beat up too bad." I told her and she just shook her head.

"Be careful next time, I don't want you getting hurt. If this happens again, you're going back to homeschooling-"

"Mom, I'm fine. I promise." I gave her a hug and she gave in.

I walked up to my room, locking myself up again like any other day. I took a few breathers before finishing up my homework and what not. I still couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier... what if they're not done with me yet?

Will they actually leave me alone?

____________________________

Q/A time!!!!

Ask some questions here and I'll answer:)

Song: BTS (방탄서년단) — Butterfly