5 | miserable

Sohyun~

Sohyun~

"Good morning, bestie!" I greeted Beomgyu first, but he seems really pissed today. Probably slept on the wrong side of the bed.

That guy didn't talk to me at all during class, thankfully. I knew acting nice to him would work! For once, I was actually able to focus in class.

The day was going by so great and peacefully, despite the couple of stares I got from other students. I did get called "garbage boy" a few times, but that didn't really faze me.

It was around the end of the day, when Nana pulled me by the arm and began dragging me someplace near the back of our school. It's an abandoned warehouse with graffiti on the walls, tables and couches, a mini fridge and a TV. This is probably their hangout place.

Why am I here, though?

"The audience want part two." Beomgyu took a bag of flour, pouring it over my head. Nana had a bucket of dust which she threw at me, making me fall over onto the ground. The impact of the bucket hitting my torso has probably left it bruised.

Worst of all, the dust and powder combination can severely trigger my asthma.

Leo took his cigarette and placed it on my lips, forcing me to smoke.

"I can't b-breathe... please... stop!" I tried to yell but my airway feels constricted. I felt my face go cold, as I hit my chest that feels like it's burning on fire.

"Shit, you didn't tell me he has asthma! What if he dies?" Leo freaked out and the others panicked.

"Do you have an inhaler?" Beomgyu calmly asked, and I immediately pointed to my backpack. Nana ran over to get it, handing it to him.

"Hurry..." I tried to say, but I'm slowly losing my consciousness.

"Here," Beomgyu placed it against my mouth and I took a deep inhale. He patted my back a couple of times, making sure I'm still okay. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"You almost killed me! It doesn't matter if you knew or not, the fact that you did this... how miserable are you to put this much pain upon me?" My eyes began puddling with tears as I tried standing up. Beomgyu attempted to help me, but I shook him off.

"Get cleaned up first." Leo handed me his extra clothes, showing me the way to the showers. I'm afraid to even shower here, in case they try to take a video of me naked or something.

"I don't want to... I'll just shower somewhere else." I tried to leave the premises, when Beomgyu suddenly took my hand and pulled me towards his car.

"You can shower at my place." His voice was soft and relaxed.

"You might have other motives..." I wanted to get out, but he put the doors on child lock. "Get me out of here!"

"I don't want to do anything with you, okay? Keep your mind out of the gutter." He rolled his eyes and began to drive.

I kept quiet the whole time he drove, quite intrigued that he entered the same gate as my subdivision. Moments later, we arrived at his place and it's only a couple of blocks away from mine.

"I'll have the maids clean your uniform." He showed me the way towards one of the bathrooms, leaving me alone once I've entered. I looked around first for any cameras, but there seems to be none that I'm aware of. My anxiety levels have been at peak since I've started school.

I quickly took a shower, then wearing the outfit Leo gave me earlier. It's very different from what I would usually wear, but I actually quite like how it looks.

"You're done?" Beomgyu asked once I got out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, and I can go home now! My house is nearby... I can just walk." I told him but he stopped me.

"It's getting dark out already, I'll drop you off. Also, our cook just finished making dinner... have some food first before you leave." He didn't look me in the eye even once while asking.

"Okay." I looked at the table and it seems as if they cooked too much. Beomgyu definitely won't be able to finish it himself, and that would be such a waste.

We awkwardly sat around the table, having our meal. Nobody dared to say a word or look at each other.

"I didn't know about the trash thing, I only found out once it was online. It was Nana's idea," he tried to save his ass. "I never told them to do that."

"But you thought of the dust flour gimmick. You're also responsible for a lot of things," I immediately lost my appetite. "I just want to go home."

"Okay, I'll take you." He took his car keys and we stood up to go leave.

The quick ride back home was dead silent, not even a single sound from each of us. The sun is starting to set and it's beginning to get colder. My hair is already dry from showering at Beomgyu's house.

"What's going on?" I told Beomgyu to stop the car as we watched my parents bicker outside my house. My father tried to hit my mom, while she threw his clothes and suitcase onto the middle of the sidewalk.

"We don't need to go home yet." He patted my back. Beomgyu took out my inhaler and gave me a puff, realizing that I'm slowly beginning to hyperventilate.

"Take me somewhere else."

___________________________

I made small IG accs for Beomgyu and Sohyun and added it to the first chapter for visuals! Check it out if you'd like >.<

Song: TXT (투모로우바이투게더) — Can't You See Me? (세계가 불타버린 , 우린...)