12 | worth so much

Sohyun~

Sohyun~

"Wake up, you might be late to school- wait, what?!" My mom yelled as she entered my room, abruptly waking Beomgyu and I up. Wait, hold up....

Fuck.

I looked at Beomgyu with my eyes wide open, sending him warning signals. He didn't seem to get it, because he did absolutely the opposite of what I wanted.

"Hello, I'm Choi Beomgyu. Your son's best friend." He nervously told her after his ninety degree bow.

"You have a friend?" She started laughing. "Congratulations!"

"You're not mad?" My forehead crunched in confusion. I'm trying to piece everything together, but the math isn't mathing.

"My son reached a milestone! Why would I be mad?" She patted Beomgyu's back and lead us both to the dinning area. "No wonder Sohyun was acting so weird last night! He sneaked you into his room."

"Yeah, that was totally it." I sarcastically replied. We all sat down around the table, where my mom has cooked my favourite breakfast. Kimchi fried rice and scallion pancakes.

"Are you the friend my son has been staying with?" She asked about the sleepovers and I instantly lost my appetite.

"Yes, I am..." He replied, but mom seemed a bit suspicious. "I swear we're focusing on our studies! I'll take care of him and make sure he's happy."

Be careful, Choi Beomgyu. The things you're saying are starting to sound too real.

Please don't make me fall for you.

My mom asked him a lot of questions, and seemed to be very fond of him. I've never had friends over, or even have had friends... this must be amusing.

"By the way, your father will be in the France for a bit. He needs to get some business done..." she started to look anxious. "Also, we're planning to get a divorce soon. Are you alright with that?"

"Yeah, that's fine." Those words fumbled out of my mouth even though the words in my head didn't correlate. I was the only reason why they suffered together anyways, so it might be for the best.

I say that, but I'm honestly so scared for my family to become even more broken.

I suddenly felt Beomgyu slip his hand into mine under the table, showing his support. As always, he really is the person that could make me feel worthy and comfortable during times like this.

__________________________

Beomgyu~

Sohyun kept her head down most of the day. A lot of people were talking about her, and it seems like clips from the hazing event have spread to others like wildfire.

"Ignore them." I bought some lunch and handed it over to her, since she was too scared to go to the cafeteria. We found a nice empty place near the track field.

"This is hard... being the centre of attention, but not in a good way. I'm scared someone might do something to me again." She took a bite out of her sandwich but she seems exhausted already.

"I won't let another person touch you, okay?" I took some food from my own plate and placed it onto hers so she can eat more.

"You've been really nice to me. Thank you, I really do appreciate it." She gave me a quick peck on the cheeks, making me blush.

__________________________

Beomgyu~

"I told you, I don't want to sleep with you anymore. We already did it twice, that's way more than enough." I rolled my eyes as Nana tried to bother me again.

"And those were the best two times of my life. Why are you suddenly breaking up with me?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Look, we never dated. I don't know what you're thinking about, but it's never been that serious for me. All the girls I've slept with? Just once or twice- I lose interest that quickly. You're not special."

"We had something and you know that! I like you so much, Beomgyu." She pleaded.

"And I don't." I honestly replied before walking away.

"You like him, don't you? That freak." Nana laughed like a psychopath. I actually got shivers allover.

"And if I do? That's none of your business." I talked while still having my back against her. I could already sense that stupid smirk on her face.

"You know what will happen more than anyone else. He'll never be safe with you," I heard her bubble gum pop. "Especially if they find out about this-"

"Don't you dare! I'll kill you myself if you drag them into this... you're not gonna make Sohyun's life anymore miserable, since he's literally never done anything wrong to you."

"He took you from me." Nana grabbed my collar and pulled me towards her.

"I was never yours in the first place."

___________________________

Happy Halloween!! What did you dress up as today? 👻

Song: Jimmy Brown — Gone Blank (하애졌어)