3 | play me

Sohyun~

Sohyun~

"Hey there, buttercup." Beomgyu messed my hair up once I took a seat. What's up with the awful nickname?

"Hey there, dung scooper." I winked and he looked so offended.

"You really know how to pull my strings, don't you?" He moved in closer and whispered.

"I'm not trying to. You're the one who's getting offended," I smirked and he just scoffed. "Getting affected yet?"

"Slightly." He chuckled. Beomgyu suddenly put his arms around my shoulders, making me shudder.

"What are you doing?" My eyebrows furrowed as I intensely stared into his eyes. Holy shit, his eyelashes are so long.

"Pulling your strings. It's a two-way thing, you get what you give." His hot breath made contact with my skin since he's way too close.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and began paying attention in class since the teacher just arrived.

As much as I tried to focus on my work, Beomgyu kept doing things that made me question him. He is so weird? Even weirder than me! I swear if he gets me in trouble...

"Choi Beomgyu and Kang Sohyun! Detention after school!" Our teacher yelled and I sighed heavily.

Spoke too soon...

"I'm so excited!" Leo twiddled his fingers, chuckling like crazy. Why is he even butting in?

Only then did I realize, detention with Beomgyu meant detention with his whole friend group.

__________________________

Beomgyu~

"Did you know?" Nana gave me her phone and I looked at Sohyun's family profile. So he's the heir of the Kang Empire. He's insanely rich, and his family owns a shit ton of department stores in Korea.

"Hell no." My eyes grew wide. He also seems to have been homeschooled most of his life.

"We can like... make him our friend. Ask for money or whatever." Leo was reading the article by looking over my shoulders.

"You can rob him without befriending him. Just kick him." Nana shook her head.

"You guys are acting like you don't have money." I gave them the middle finger. Everyone in our school is filthy rich, since it's one of the most prestigious schools in our country. That's why my reputation to most teachers isn't very good, since I'm "troubled".

"He has a sister?" Leo pointed at the younger girl beside Sohyun in the picture. They were really young in that photo... but the girl definitely looks more like Sohyun than the boy does.

"Maybe she's still in middle school." I felt weird staring at that family photo. I just don't like looking at other people's pictures in general.

The bell finally rang, and I was way more than excited to finally enter detention with my new pet. It's been a while since I've had this much dopamine.

"Actually guys, can you leave? I'll take care of him myself." I shooed them away and they immediately obeyed.

"Hey, shit face." I pinched his cheeks and he scoffed.

"Hey, booty hole." He winked.

"So I heard... you were homeschooled?" I finally dropped the bomb.

"Yeah, I was." Sohyun's mood immediately changed.

"Your parents probably thought you were so ugly, they didn't want the public to see your ugliness." I replied.

"Yup, that was totally the exact reason. Says the big disappointment in his family!" He patted my shoulders and I bit my lips, taking his wrists in my arms and pushing him against the wall.

"You're correct too," I put his arms over his head. He is such a fragile boy. "But this big disappointment is gonna be your biggest regret too. You're playing with me, I know."

"You did it first." He hitched his face closer to mine and my breathing halted.

"You two, this is detention? You two should be picking up garbage around the school, not making out inside a classroom!" The teacher walked in on us and began yelling.

"Have fun picking up your friends." I handed him the trash picker, getting ready to leave the building.

"Hey, where are you going? She said both of us! Not just me." Sohyun's forehead scrunched in frustration.

"My precious hands can't touch garbage, I'm sorry." I blew him a flying kiss.

___________________________

Sohyun~

I absolutely despise that asshole! He was the one who got me in trouble, then now he's gonna leave me to do everything by myself? I hope he stubs his toe today! Curse him!

"You need help?" That Nana girl from yesterday popped out of nowhere, along with the Leo guy.

"Yeah, that would be great-" before I could even finish my sentence, they took the garbage bag I already filled up and dumped it over my head.

"Fits you so well. Now say cheese!" She took out her phone and snapped pictures of me without consent.

"Delete those pictures right now," my teeth gritted in anger as I tried to contain myself. "I said delete them right now!"

"Or else what?" Nana showed me her phone and it's already blowing up. She seems to have posted it on her IG story, which everyone follows. "Didn't we already tell you that you're not welcome here, loser?"

___________________________

150+ reads in less than 24 hours wow!!!! Thank you so much <3 I wasn't gonna post so soon since today is not a usual update day, but here's an extra chapter to show my gratitude!

Song: WONWOO X MINGYU (ft. Lee Hi) — Bittersweet