37 | earn back trust

Beomgyu~

Beomgyu~

"So, how was the date? Did you get some?" Leo wiggled his eyebrows and I just rolled my eyes. This guy stayed eighteen for more than a decade.

"I'm not like you," I scoffed. "Did you go home that day?"

"I did," he looked down and deeply sighed. "Nana asked for a divorce."

"What?! Why?" I patted his back.

"I haven't been the greatest husband to her. I've been neglecting my duties, and I've missed half my daughter's life..." he took a sip of beer while chewing on some fried chicken. "She wants full custody over Hyejin."

"Dude, don't let that happen! Why don't you just try harder. You can still get them back." I shook my head.

"I don't have enough. I have nothing. I'd just continue holding them back if I stay..." He sighed. Leo seems extremely drunk right now.

Leo was disowned by his parents after he got Nana pregnant during our first year of university. She basically took him in and he proposed to her for financial purposes and convenience. I think they actually did end up liking each other, but that didn't last very long.

"Can you talk to Nana for me?" He asked for another favour and I shook my head.

"Do it yourself! She's not my wife." I chugged down the bottle of beer.

"Whenever I try talking to her it becomes a big argument." Leo began to doze off, then completely passing out on the table.

I called a driver to come pick us up at the pub, dropping us over to Leo's place where I then helped him get to his apartment unit. My alcohol tolerance is pretty high, so the tiny amount of intoxication already disappeared after that car ride.

"He's drunk again?" Nana stared at him in disappointment as I helped her put him to bed. Their daughter is already sleeping in the other room, since it is quite late.

"He treated me for a meal, don't worry about it..." I reassured her. "I'm also curious about something, if you don't mind me asking."

"Go ahead. Sit there for now, I'll make you some hangover tea." She pointed at the couch and I nodded.

"Leo mentioned to me earlier that you asked to divorce him... it's been nine years since you've gotten married, why are you only doing this now?" I carefully asked.

"Because I actually loved him... maybe even too much." She handed me the teacup.

"Do you still feel that way?" I took a sip and she began to think. I'm actually quite surprised by her response; I really thought she didn't have feelings for him, because he definitely didn't.

"He's always here," she patted her heart. "But I'm tired. Leo has always seen me as this wicked person who's easy to throw around. For the past nine years, all he's done is play around and see other people. Hyejin always asks why her dad is not home, and I never knew how to answer that. I was scared to leave him because I didn't want to hurt our little girl. For the past nine years I've just felt... used. Leo blames everything on me since I got pregnant, but then proceeds to live off me."

"He thinks you'll argue with him every time he talks to you." I projected what he said.

"I have to yell at him because he won't listen if I don't. I'm pretty sure he still thinks I'm Nana the bitch from high school..." she bittersweetly chuckled. "Even though he's the one who never grew up. Maybe if I leave him, he'll start to become more mature and finally learn that it's hard to live. More so, it's hard to earn back the trust of those who once cared about you. You and I both know that very well."

"Are you sure about this?" I agree with everything she said, but it's still a huge decision to make.

"It's for my own good as well. He never valued any of my decisions or options, and I honestly have suffered enough. I want to be in control of my life again, since I lost all that after marrying him. I want to find someone who'd have mutual feelings for me, since I know Leo never loved me. Karma really gave me the worst husband."

____________________________

Filler chapter i guess

Song: Olivia Rodrigo — Happier