8 | four o'clock

Sohyun~

Sohyun~

"How do people cuddle in bed?" I tried to get comfy with Beomgyu under the sheets, but it's clearly impossible. His arm under my neck is very distracting; not comfortable at all.

"Move closer, you're literally laying on my fingers." He suggested so I scooted over.

"Too close." I whispered since our faces are only a few inches away from each other. Although, it does feel a lot more comfortable.

"Let's sleep like this." He hugged me tight and I closed my eyes to try and fall asleep.

This is very awkward, but it feels nice. I don't know... is it the feeling of another presence? The body heat?

I opened my eyes for a moment and caught him staring at me. We locked gazes for a while before I closed my eyes in embarrassment.

"Do you want me to sing you a song so you can go to sleep?" He mumbled and I nodded. "Next time I'll play the guitar as well."

Beomgyu proceeded to begin singing 4 o'clock by BTS. At first, I thought he was gonna joke around and botch the song to annoy me- however, he sang with such delicacy and gentleness. I was in awe listening to his beautiful voice.

My eyelids began to feel heavy, then and there I fell asleep in his arms.

__________________________

Beomgyu~

"Where do you usually like to hang out?" I asked Sohyun after we had breakfast at a nearby diner. We had pancakes and milkshakes first thing, which was nice.

"Just... here and there." She awkwardly replied.

"You don't go out much, don't you?" I immediately got the hint and she shyly nodded.

"My parents never really let me go out. They're very protective... extremely. I only went to places with them; this is actually my first time hanging out with somebody other than my mom and dad." She fiddled with her fingers.

"Are they also that protective of your brother? Or maybe they're just taking extra precautions because you're their little girl?" I asked and Sohyun's facial expression immediately changed.

"What brother?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I saw a picture of your family on some article. There was an older boy there... is he your cousin?" My curiosity got the best of me. I think I may have accidentally offended her.

"My brother..." she looked down and started picking on the skin around her nails. I didn't even notice the scars on her fingers. "He died years ago."

"I'm sorry for asking, I didn't know." I subconsciously put my hand over hers, to stop her from picking at her skin. She probably didn't even realize she was doing that.

"It's fine, you didn't know. I just... don't like talking about it." Her eyes began to shake so I squeezed her hand tighter for support.

"You don't need to." I muttered and began driving.

We arrived at an underground boxing rink, which also includes many other functions within the place. Thankfully, none of my friends are here today so I don't have to make an excuse. I actually haven't been here for a while.

"What are we doing here?" Sohyun looked at me in confusion.

"Punch the bag! Let your anger out," I explained. "You'll become stronger, both physically and mentally. I'm gonna train you to unleash your inner tiger."

"Really?" Her eyes began to sparkle in excitement.

"Really," I threw the first punch and she shuddered. "Don't be afraid of it. It's just a bag, it won't punch back."

"Right." She took a deep breath before making her first move. It was quite a weak punch, so she ended up hurting her hand.

"You need a lot of work, sweet thing." I took her hand and massaged it until the pain went away. I took a hand wrap and put that on her, to reduce the chances of injury.

"I'm not a thing, baby boy..." Sohyun tugged my shirt, pulling me towards her. "Watch and see."

She began punching and kicking the bag, yelling and screaming profanities as she basically destroyed that thing. This girl is incredibly strong... I underestimated her.

"Holy shit. You can basically crush me." I blinked fast.

"That felt good..." she laughed while letting out a huge sigh. "I used to practice taekwondo in my room; punching the air and my pillow. It's my first time actually hitting a bag like this."

"You're a natural. Have you ever thought of becoming an athlete?" I handed her a water bottle and she gladly took it.

"I've never really thought of what I want to become? I just want to do well in whatever I choose to do, or wherever life takes me. I think it's more important to think about the present than the future. You know... I don't think I know myself well enough yet either to make such a choice."

"That's exactly how I feel too. You're the first person to understand."

__________________________

So many of you skipped chapter 6 oh nooo was it on purpose or by accident lol 😭💀😹

Song: BTS (방탄소년단) — 4 O'Clock (네시)