Chapter 66 - Revelations

Start from the beginning

He felt like he was patting a huge dog's head. The hair was soft and Ciaran's huge frame was sitting in front of him like a dog who was whimpering to its owner.

Pier was not naive either. He was not clueless when it comes to these things. He was already done freaking out with intimate scenes from the movies back when he was a child.

He did not know Ciaran's reasons for doing such a thing but one of them has to be composed and rational. If they were to both act with their emotions and just let it all out, it would end up in a disaster.

He would be left alone without anyone to guide him and Ciaran won't have anyone to help them either.

"NO! I... I need to tell you..." He spoke weakly as he inhaled and exhaled a few more times.

Pier only nodded his head but he was surprised when Ciaran suddenly grabbed his hands tightly.

"Please... please do not be scared after all the things I have to tell you..." Ciaran spoke. Pier did not answer. He did not know what he would know but he would try his best not to.

He was human after all. A being capable of feeling various emotions and an assurance of getting scared was complete nonsense especially since he did not know what was waiting for him ahead.

"I cannot assure you but I will try," Pier gently spoke as he felt Ciaran's hold on his hand tighten.

The man gulped one more time before he opened his mouth to speak.

"I... I am a... hybrid..." Ciaran spoke the last word so weak that the young master was almost not able to hear it.

Pier stopped thinking for a complete minute.

"A hybrid?" He asked with his eyebrows raised in surprise.

Ciaran nodded his head.

"I... I am a mixed hybrid between a vampire and a lycanthrope..."

"..."

Pier kept silent with the first thing he knew about the mysterious green-eyed man.

"Pier....?" Ciaran called after the young master had a blank expression on his face.

He kept his mouth shut after seeing Pier's response to his first revelations.

"I'm sorry... I'll take you back to the Stone City if you-"

"No"

He stopped after Pier spoke after being silent.

"A-Ah..." Ciaran bowed his head again.

"A Lycanthrope?"

"Yes"

"You can change yourself into a wolf?"

Ciaran silently nodded his head while he clutched Pier's hands in his own. The young master had many thoughts running in his mind as he was still processing what Ciaran had said.

"And you're a half-vampire too?"

"That is correct..." Ciaran replied.

"Woah..." Pier spoke in amazement.

"How... how does it feel?" He asked and Ciaran had a slightly surprised look on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"How does it feel being half-vampire and a half-werewolf?" He asked and Ciaran shook his head.

"I am not a werewolf"

"Huh? Isn't that the same with Lycanthropes?"

"No... that's incorrect. Werewolves are creatures that cannot control their shapeshifting. They usually involuntarily do it when.... when something triggers it such as a full moon... but us lycanthropes can do it whenever we want to," Ciaran explained while he was constantly bowing his head and checking Pier's reaction at the same time.