Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking

Start from the beginning

    “Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s a little too late for that,” I said, wiping a tear from my face that hurt from laughing, “Those girls usually don’t start yelling out cuss words,”

    “Smooth move, that was, April,” Rikki said sarcastically, giving me a ‘no-duh’ look.

    “What, like I’m able to control my vocal cords in the presence of five gods!” I returned with sass, chuckling.

    “We should probably get back in there, before they think we’re plotting a way to kidnap them,” Kris said, laying her arm across Erin’s shoulder.

    “Well, then,” I said, taking a deep breath, “Let’s go.” And with that, we turned around, and walked together back to where the boys were standing silently, eyes idly gazing around the small, dimly lit room.

    “Sorry ‘bout that,” I said with a friendly grin, feeling the support of being surrounded by my four best friends, “Just a little issue, but it’s resolved.”

    “It’s fine,” Harry spoke up, a cheeky grin emerging on his face.

    “You guys must be freezing,” Kris spoke up, “Why don’t you take off your coats. You said you’re car ran out of gas?”

    “Yeah, about a quarter of a mile down the road,” Zayn said, allowing Rikki to politely take his thick black pea coat and hang it on an available hook on the coatrack to the left of the front door.

    “You walked? Asked Erin with disbelief.

    “Yeah. Nearly froze our butts off!” The boys chuckled at Harry, taking off their heavy coats too.

    “Well, come sit down.” I said, showing them into the game room the girls and I had briefly spoken in. “I’ll call a mechanic.”

    Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam, and Niall walked, their feet now rid of the snow covered boots, only in their socks, the the couch, sitting down.

    Rikki and Kris got a few blankets from the dresser near the door, handing them to the boys, who quickly covered up, calming their shivering bodies.

    “Where did you say you’re car is on the road?” I asked, my tone gentle, taking a seat on the sleek, square, dark leather ottoman that sat about a foot away in the middle of the couch.

    “Half a mile that way,” Louis pointed the opposite way that I was sitting, “I think we were maybe near a pond? I’m not quite sure, it wasn’t really easy to see through the snow.”

    “I know the place.” I replied, dialing the number of the mechanic I had heard my dad call many times before, “What’s your car look like?” I asked, realizing I’d have to describe the car.

    “It’s a black 2012 Range Rover,” He said.

    “Hi, Slimmer?” I spoke into the iPhone,” Yeah, It’s April. My friends’ car ran out of gas over at the Franklin’s Pond, would you mind sending out one of your guys to fill it up? It’s a 2012 Range Rover, black. Mhm. Yep. Okay, thanks so much! Yeah, sure, I’ll tell dad you say hi! Bye!”

    I hung up, turning my head to face the boys, “Good news! Someone’ll be out to fill up your car in a jiffy!”

    “Thank you so so much,” Liam said, his eyes warm to gratefulness, looking around at Erin and Heather who had perched on either arm of the couch, and at Kris, Rikki, and I who were on the ottoman. “All of you.”

    “Sure, it was our pleasure,” I replied for all of us, honestly.

    “Well, as it seems that you’ll have to wait awhile for your car to be ready,” Kris said with a warm smile, “Would you like something to drink?