Mine.

Emerson's POV

"So hit me asshole!"

"Easy baby, I am not going to fucking hit you-" before he could say another word I lunged at him.

Tho Kieran somehow caught me and all my fury in his arms forcing me to wrap my legs and arms around him so I would not fall right on my ass.

"You done?" He said with a complete nonsense tone.

"Maybe..." I said with my eyes downcast trying to play dumb.

I know what I want, and I am going to get it.

"Can we talk about this like the civil people we know we are?" I didn't look at him in the eyes instead I buried my face in his chest.

He let out a huff walking and sitting down on his office chair with me on his lap.

He turned my face up so I could look at him, "Look at me when I am speaking to you, yeah?"

"I want to go with you. If you knew damn well you weren't going to bring me as your second hand then why fucking train me for battle when you were going to stick me on the sidelines! what sense does that make?"

I was pissed off and ready to kick his ass because we have been training for a week and 4 days. I was under the impression that I would be attending the meeting but to my surprise I overheard Kieran talking to Dom about it and telling him,

There was no way I was going to "chip a nail" while fighting with the scum of the earth.

In his words "she is better than that and I'll not subject her to such stupid shit... you must think I'm stupid! She's fucking staying home where it is safe and that's final!"

I now confronted him about it and he played dumb claiming not to know a damn thing about what I was speaking of.

"Ange-"

"Don't Angel me! I need to go and help, I want to be apart of the battle not sit on the side like a "wife" I will not be worried and sit and look pretty- that's not me!"

I saw the slight smile that grazed his lips as he nodded his head in defeat.

"I don't want to lose you, I know what they want and I can't let that have it."

"What they want?"
He nodded clearly not wanting to elaborate, but I need him to.

"Go on... I need more"

He let out a sigh of irritation clearly not wanting to tell me.

After a few minutes he finally looked me in the eyes and leaned closer to my face.

"It's you." I say on his lap dumb founded- me? What?

"What?"

"I told you before you know you are a powerful item in the underworld, unfortunately your father put you on a high peristalsis and you clearly showed you could live up to his flaunting expectations very well."

I nodded realizing I had forgotten that I had a target on my back because of my daddy dearest.

"I hate him... so, so much-"

"You should, and as do I." He kissed my cheek leaning his prickly hair filled cheek against mine. "You cannot go."

In that instant I jumped off his lap slapping his cheek and slamming my hand on his desk simultaneously within seconds.

"I swear to god Kieran Russo what will convince you to take me? I already beat numerous guards... what is stopping you from letting me go?"

"I love you." He said in a flat void of any emotion tone.