REIKA-SAMA -236 Interlude

Start from the beginning

Since all of the office work had been taken care already, Wakaba decided to go home herself.

Repair work on the bakery had started, and materials were brought in through the front garden. As work had ended for the day, a cloth was covering the materials.

When she entered the house section behind their storefront, Nacchan greeted her.

"Welcome back, Oneechan."

"Yeah."

"Long day today?"

"I guess."

After asking her to prepare the bath and taking off her jacket before throwing it over the couch, Wakaba headed to her room.

"Oh, yeah, Oneechan."

"What is it?"

"Miss Reika said she wanted to speak with you."

"Has she gotten over her cold?"

"Yes."

That being the case, Wakaba asked Nacchan to send Reika over to her.

Sitting down on her bed, she let out a loud sigh. She was relieved that she was finally in a situation where she could listen to Reika's side of the story.

A few minutes later, Reika arrived. Hearing her light taps on the door, she invited her to come in.

Reika was wearing a one-piece dress that appeared to have been brought with her from her house.

After being offered a chair, Reika bowed her head deeply before picking a seat opposite Wakaba, this time around.

"I am very thankful that you took time out of your busy day to-"

"There's no need for formalities. So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Ah, right. I wished... you... thanks."

Right after she started to talk, a banging noise came from the door. Nacchan arrived with some tea.

"Ms. Natsuki, I'll take care of the tea."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Please leave it to me."

Reika received the silver tray.

Shocked by Reika's swaying upon receiving the tray, Nacchan immediately propped up the bottom of the tray.

"Hey, are you okay?!"

"Yes, I'm... fine."

On top of the silver tray were a pot full of black tea, cups, saucers, little jars of sugar and milk, and a plate of cookies, nothing more. She was swaying from holding merely that.

Wakaba watched in amazement as she thought about how weak of a woman she was.

"Miss Reika, Wakaba-neechan drinks her tea with one cup of milk and three cubes of sugar."