Magnolia Tree: Chapter Twenty-Three

Flowers are beautiful and fragrant. They signify a lot of things. They remind you of something you love. They become something you cherish.

Wei Wuxian slept in, totally forgeting what today is. The door to the Gentian house opened along with the cold wind entering. Small lips landed ok his forehead as he groaned and shifted in bed.

"Wei Ying. It's past Five."

Wei Wuxian slowly opened his eyes and saw gold staring back at him.

"Lan Zhan... Lan Zhan!"

He jolted up and hugged Lan Wangji who fell to the bed, on top of him was a nuzzling Wei Wuxian.

"I missed you!"

Lan Wangji sighed as he hugged Wei Wuxian back, tighter.

"Miss Wei Ying too."

Wei Wuxian pulled away and smiled at Lan Wangji who also had a small curve on his lips. Wei Wuxian leaned in and kissed Lan Wangjis' forehead.

"Let me get ready first."

"Mn. Will wait for Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian stood up as he started undoing his robes. Walking to the back room as he stripped himself and started taking a bath in the already warm bath tub. Madam Lan must've prepared this for him, he smiled as he dipped himself in the water. Behind the room devider, Lan Wangji placed Wei Wuxians' robes on the table before walking back to his bed and sitting patiently. After taking a bath and changing his robes, he came out with wet hair and fair skin.

"Come here."

Wei Wuxian walked over and sat infront of Lan Wangji who dried his hair and started combing throught it.

"Lan Zhan, did you know? A-Sang is doing well in cultivation these days!"

"He uses a saber?"

"Nope!, I suggested that he should take up fan cultivation and Sect Leader Nie accepted!"

"Oh. Good for him."

"Besides Lan Zhan, I was so bored when you weren't here! Oh yeah, wait a minute!"

Wei Wuxian stood up and scurried to the back room again. Opening the chest as he came back with a box in hand.

"What is that?"

Lan Wangji asked as Wei Wuxian sat besides him.

"Since your birthday is coming tomorrow, I want to give you this."

Wei Wuxian opened the box and inside was a necklace that had a blue jade in the middle.

"Wei Ying, where did you get that?"

"I forged it myself! I went to Uncle Mu last week and made this for you."

Wei Wuxian said with a smile on his face.

"Do you like it?"

"I like it."

Wei Wuxian giggled as he took the necklace out and wore it around Lan Wangjis' neck.

"I love you!"

Lan Wangji leaned in and gave Wei Wuxian a kiss on the forehead before a kiss on the nose.

"I love you too."

Lan Wangji took Wei Wuxians' forehead ribbon and tied it to the young masters' forehead. Smiling softly before giving him a warm hug.

"Lan Zhan, why not go to the back hill to celebrate your birthday tonight?"

"Curfew."

"Come on! We do it all the time on our birthdays in the meadow."