Pouring Conversations: Chapter Eight

Serenity can be found in the most unexpected places. Joy can be attained in any way. But love can be found in a home you have in place.

Wei Ying once again, with his vermillion parasol is walking towards the Hanshi. Yesterday was Lan Zhan and Lan Huans' visit to them but they never came. Wei Ying remembered that Lan Zhan was in isolation but he never knew it would hurt like this. Qingheng-Jun greets him but he sees that the young master isn't as bright.

"Come here, A-Ying..."

Wei Ying sighs as he places his parasol on the stairs and sits besides Qingheng-Jun.

"What's wrong...?"

"Lan Zhan is in solitary confinement... I can't see him even for birthdays..."

"Come to think of it... It's only 2 months before his birthday..."

"Did A-Ying do something wrong to the elders to make Lan Zhan have dearn confinement...?"

"A-Ying..."

"Madam Lan said it's not my fault but A-Ying feels like it's his..."

[The elders have crossed the line... But...]

"Madam Lan is right, it isn't your fault."

"Huh...?"

"It isn't always your fault because you didn't do it. It is your fault when you did it and you know the consequences. It isn't your fault, okay?"

Qingheng-Jun placed his hand on Wei Yings' head and smiled at him. The young master clearly wasn't convinced.

"Back in Yunmeng... Madam Yu always said it's my fault... Heh... I seem to be used for taking the blame..."

"Such a young child with strong words... It pains me to even hear you say those yourself..."

"Madam Lan is right... I'm too young for this..."

"A-Ying..."

Qingheng-Jun didn't know what to do. He didn't have an experience in parenting. Nor even an experience to take care of children. He didn't know what Wei Ying had gone through even so.

"I'm not in the place to say anything but, A-Ying is a good boy. He's the brightest person I've ever seen. You're lucent and ludic. You're free to balter cause you're still in the state of viridity."

Wei Yings' eyes glissened. Clearly he didn't know wether to smile or tear up. He looked at the sky growing dark, enjoying the serein feeling.

"I... I'm slowly getting it hehe."

Qingheng-Jun celebrated internally, the young master finally smiled genuinely.

"I'm gonna go to Shifu for now"

"Won't you get caught?"

Wei Ying ran to his parasol and into the rain with talismans in hand.

[Where'd he get those?]

"I never get caught!"

"Be careful now A-Ying"

Wei Ying just gave another playful smile. Throwing a talisman on the ground making golden butterflies scatter around. This made Qingheng-Jun's vision focus on the butterflies, not even noticing that the young master had fled.

Wei Ying rotates his vermillion parasol as he walks past a group of disciples, unnoticed. Until Lan Huan called out his name from a small pavilion as he was having tea.

"Huan-gege!"

Wei Ying fastly walked towards the pavilion, placing his parasol outside.

"No running, A-Ying."