Defensive but Lovesick: Chapter Thirty-One

Jealousy and sulking are bestfriends when it comes to emotions. When you feel so betrayed, you'll end up opening a door and you can't close. Whatever you do, you still can't let go of that one you love.

The next day, Lan Wangji avoided Wei Wuxian as much as he can take but in the distance, he watched Wei Wuxian talking with his friends. At the same time Wei Wuxian was worrying for the boy who is sulking all by himself in a close distance. After Lan Xichen teased his little brother, he looked rather happy and worried at the same time because his brother was the type of person that at three am, will be eating carrots in the middle of his bed. Late yesterday night, he did check and he saw Lan Wangji hunched in the middle of the bed with a bucket of carrots while he sulked.

[What is wrong with my brother? (ʘᴗʘ)?]

Wei Wuxian sighed, Nie Huaisang lowering his fan in concern.

"Is something the matter, Wuxian?"

Jiang Wanyin shifted his attention to Wei Wuxian who sulked as well.

"Ah? Oh, it's just something."

"What something got you so down like that?"

Wei Wuxian covered his face. Earlier in the classroom, Lan Wangji moved further from him but he occasionally caught him looking just at him. At lunch, Lan Wangji did seat besides him but he didn't even look at him when Wei Wuxian was talking. In the library, he didn't even come! Wei Wuxian could only groan in his palms.

"Wuxian?"

Nie Huaisang shook him.

"Are you going to tell us or not? If someone hurt you, I'll break their legs."

"No no, Ugh. This is frustrating."

Wei Wuxian looked at the sky.

"Yesterday, I was having tea with Xichen-ge and we had a long conversation."

"And?"

"We got to the point where i joked where in I asked if I could marry him instead and Lan Zhan came then Xichen-ge teased him. I guess it went the wrong way."

"Oh no! Why did you joke about marrying Er-ge?!"

"Why would Lan Wangji care if Wei Wuxian asked to marry his brother instead?"

"Oh, you don't know about it don't you, Jiang-Xiong?"

"Know about what?"

"Wuxian is bethrothed to Lan Wangji."

"What...?"

Jiang Wanyin saw his hopes in marrying this beautiful man infront of him shatter.

[That's why he was so close with Lan Wangji...]

Jiang Wanyin hid his fists behind his back.

"I congratulate you on your bethrothal, Wei Wuxian."

"Hah? Oh, yes. Thank you."

"Don't worry Wuxian! Wangji-xiong will come around. He'll be just fine."

"Lan Zhan doesn't take jokes good. He's too dense for that."

"Are you sure that's not you?"

"A-Sang!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Why don't you go find Wangji-xiong now and maybe talk it out?"

"Good idea, I suppose. I'll see you later. A-Sang, Wanyin."

"See you later, I guess..."

"Good luck Wuxian!"