Dishevelled Sentiment: Chapter Fifteen

Memories are meant to be kept. Trauma is part of that too. Knowing that it is kept, it is better for it to be erased. To be forgotten.

Wei Ying walks with Lan Zhan hand in hand, making their way to the Gentian house. Madam Lan, who was sitting on the porch greeted them.

"A-Zhan, what brings you here with A-Ying?"

"Mm, missed you."

"Awwe."

Madam Lan gestured Lan Zhan to come to her, so he did. Hugging her son as Wei Ying sat besides them.

"How did the mid-autumn festival go last night? Did you enjoy it outside?"

"Mn. It was fine."

"I really liked the moon cake! Ooh and the lanterns were really pretty too!"

Madam Lan chuckled as she strokes her sons' hair.

"Anything else happened?"

"Madam Lan, I have a question."

"What is it, A-Ying?"

"Yi-shīxiōng and Wu-shīxiōng told me I was confused, so did Xichen-ge. I don't know why they said that, are they right? But I really love Lan Zhan."

Madam Lan froze as she soon let out a laugh.

"Can you repeat that?"

"I love Lan Zhan."

Madam Lan continues to snicker as she watches her son in her hands grow flustered and embarrassed.

"Oh really? How much do you love Lan Zhan?"

"Mmm, very much!"

"A-Zhan, how about you?"

Lan Zhan was silent as he looked away with bright red ears.

"Love... Wei Ying back..."

Madam Lan was more than amused. She knows that everything is going well according to plan.

"A-Ying, don't you know that those words mean a deeper meaning?"

"Huh?"

"Saying you love someone is like devoting your life to them. Saying you love someone is a feeling of wanting to be with them, to take care of them, to keep them safe and to be as happy as you can be while being together. Are you sure you're in love?"

Wei Ying was now opened with the topic of love.

[To take care of Lan Zhan? Keep Lan Zhan safe... Want to be with Lan Zhan... Happy with Lan Zhan... Love Lan Zhan...]

Red filled his face as he looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

"Mmm..."

"How about you, A-Zhan? Don't you feel the same?"

Lan Zhan moved his head as he looked at Wei Ying who was clearly not feeling too well.

"Mn. I love Wei Ying. My feelings are true."

Wei Ying was surprised, looking at Lan Zhan who was the most honest person he met.

"A-Ying?"

"Madam Lan! Can I love Lan Zhan?"

"Who said that you couldn't? I'll never say no because I know that A-Zhan is happy with you. You always have my blessing."

"But- I need to make an offering first!"

Wei Ying shuffled around as he went to the back of the house. Coming back with flowers and a bag filled with tea.

"Madam Lan! Can I please love your son?!"