Chapter 3: Memories, clicking of heels and old friends

Evelyn looked at her godson. She knew already how awful Lily's sister had been, she had heard awful stories about Petunia's hate for magic... Still, the fact that Harrison didn't even hesitate to answer her. Her, someone he never saw and knows nothing about. She feared that the Petunia had treated him worse than she thought at first.

"Harrison, mind if sit here? I want to tell you how we're going to do this. It's going to a bit of work, and you'll have to leave school a few times, I'm afraid. I'll try my best to make sure that you don't have to get involved in the boring paperwork too much, though I'm afraid you'll have to go to the Ministry at least once or twice. I know it's not fun to spent these days after your exams at the Ministry, but it'll be easier if I can get your custody before school ends. Do you understand."

"Yes, but I don't mind, ma'am. Though, I've never been to the Ministry of Magic before... Wait, does this mean, I'll never have to go to the Dursley's again?" Harrison replied.

"Well, if the Ministry deems me worthy of being your guardian, then yes, you won't have to stay at the Dursley's anymore. Though, we'll go to the Dursley's to pick up your stuff and you can say goodbye to them then."

"I don't need to say goodbye, ma'am. They'll be glad that I won't be staying with them anymore. Do you really want to be my guardian?"

Evelyn was shocked, was this boy really saying what she thought he was? They hadn't hurt him, had they?

"Harrison, of course I want to be your guardian. I vowed to always protect you, we all did. You were just born, your mother was holding you and it was James that said it first. Sirius was next, then me, Remus, Lily and Professor McGonagall –"

"Professor McGonagall was there when I was born?" Harrison interrupted her. Why had his Transfiguration teacher been at his birth?

"Oh, yes, in fact she hold you before James did. He was the fourth person to hold you, after your mother, professor McGonagall and me. He thought he would break you. I had to force you in his arms." Evelyn chuckled and beside her Remus did too.

"Yeah, but after you gave Harrison, James didn't let him go for three hours." Remus smiled at the fond memories.

"He didn't let you out of sight for a long time after you were born. He took the vow we made, very seriously."

"You can't say we didn't all did that. We loved Harrison as much as his parents did."

"What did you vow exactly?" Harrison seemed to have found his voice again. These people were telling him stories about his parents and he didn't want to interrupt them, but he really wanted to know what they vowed.

"To protect you, of course. To do anything in our power to keep you save and happy."

"Really? You all vowed that?"

The adults nodded, they could remember the moment very clearly.

Both adults seemed lost in their memories.

"Ma'am? Are you okay?" Harrison's voice shook her back to reality.

"Oh, yes, sorry. Harrison, please, there's no need to call me ma'am, you'll be living with me, after all. You may call us by our names, or whatever you want." Evelyn replied.

"Uh, can I call you Evelyn?" Harrison tried, not sure if he was being rude or not.

"Yes, of course, and I'm sure Remus would love it if you call him by his name too, or Moony. You used to call us Aunt and Uncle, when you were a baby. I remember his first word. Don't you, Moony?" Evelyn elbowed her friend.