15. Something Empty, Something Bland

Start from the beginning

In there, unexpectedly, they were suddenly attacked by a rebellion group which tried to suppress all governmental activities in their region. The dangerous situation had the citizen evacuating out to clear the situation.

When they were deployed to the battlefield to reclaim the territory, Y/n thought that this must be it. This battle must be that void that kept on making her life incomplete. So, when geared with rifles in hand, reviewed the active plans and finally put it to practice for rescue operations within the city scape, Y/n took lead.

The city became ruins. Blood splatters and corpses could be seen as they passed through, avoiding possible snipers on the ground.

This sight made Y/n all too familiar. She didn't know why, but this battlefield felt like a place where she usually frequent as she looked down on her weapon briefly seeing it suddenly changed with a pair of swords but soon disappeared when she blinked to check again.

Everything went smoothly, Y/n managed to lead victory and had most of the enemies retreat and leave the city two days of persisting.

Soon as they did, the surviving soldiers cheered and cried for victory. It was an emotional moment. It felt unreal but it is also the best feeling for those who worked hard to achieve this means of victory.

Y/n remained impassive to this glorious event. Something was still not fitting at all and it was confusing her to no end.

Wasn't this event supposed to fill the void? But she felt nothing but unfulfilled satisfaction. If not humans, what else should she itch to fight of? She looked at her rifle again and then to the ruined city. It was familiar but at the same time it isn't.

She felt like laughing in her heart as she think about this.

She's really going crazy! Why would engaging herself to a dangerous situation and fight and kill a couple of humans would complete something she couldn't piece?

Y/n sighed, returning back to the temporary encampment and sat there pondering if she should seek psychological treatment after all the weird things she's seeing. It was greatly tormenting her mentality that she wanted to hit her head to some pillar.

It wasn't easy at all. Feeling that she has two memories but the second memory was vaguely registering. Sometimes she sees dead soldiers of different uniforms on the ground, or a giant hand suddenly sweeping her off the ground, being chained while a child voice was begging to be forgiven, a cane appearing out of the darkness to hit her and finally a person standing in front of her whose back where a cape fluttered proudly like a flag. This strange man would speak without any particular voice but she could still telepathically hear it.

Hey brat, what's taking you so long? Wake the fuck up already.

Y/n was conflicted.

.

After a few more weeks in the base, Y/n was now allowed to go home. Her parents were ecstatic to see their only girl while his brother also took a day off at work.

Y/n was quiet as usual staring up into space until dinner was prepared.

The family chatted about their daily activities. The girl wasn't afraid to tell her own experiences, but was too blunt to the ears that scared his parents to death.

Which is why they decided that they should continue story telling after dinner. When they are done digesting their own meals.

That night, Y/n got back to her room and kept her back on the cushion emptily. Something was clearly missing!

She didn't lose her memory even before she went into a coma, but the void is unbearable it almost felt like she's a broken fragments, losing the tiny bits of glass that flew far and mirrored itself in the rocks like a grain of sand.