CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: "i don't wanna need you this way"

♬ I wanna hold you 'til I die'Til we both break down and cryI wanna hold you 'til the fear in me subsides ♬

'Til we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you 'til the fear in me subsides ♬

- "Sometimes When We Touch," Dan Hill

Jeongguk watched as the car that had Seokjin and Frank drove away from their house

Jeongguk watched as the car that had Seokjin and Frank drove away from their house. He still couldn't process the information he received from them. Whilst he stood by the porch, he suddenly recalled the past events when he was the happiest with Taehyung. Somehow, he believed it would last forever, that no one would interfere their love for each other.

But he was wrong.

As the wind blows that made his delicate-looking locks fall by his obviously petrified face, the emptiness has been birthed in his heart. How could he possibly let go of Taehyung? How could he leave him in this situation? Why would it have to happen today, when his lover was bedridden?

When he came back to his senses, the first thing he did was lock the doors and close the windows. He also wrote a letter to their manager that they couldn't attend work for the whole week because Taehyung was unwell.

He prepared a basin of warm water and towel just incase Taehyung's body temperature rises and placed it on the side table by the bed. After that, he prepared porridge for the both of them. He do not have the energy to cook other food and he's sure Taehyung doesn't have an appetite. He had lost his own too.

He caressed Taehyung's face and hair so his facial expressions would be at ease. He would like to make him feel like he would never leave his side, not now that he'll be all alone if he does.

Not too long enough, rain came pouring down and it felt cold. Jeongguk managed to feed Taehyung a bit of the porridge but the older still doesn't have the strength to take more. Jeongguk made sure that the blanket was warm enough.

The night was still young but the only sound you could hear after the rainy afternoon were from the crickets. Jeongguk prepared their dinner and Taehyung felt a little better although he still was feverish and asleep. He once again fed the older and when he had enough, he took out the leftover and proceeded to change Taehyung's shirt and wipe his face using a towel.