CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "after everything i must confess i need you"

♬ My eyes can only look at you ♬

- "I Can't See Nobody," Bee Gees

Jeongguk was so frazzled to the point that he would lie on the ground

Jeongguk was so frazzled to the point that he would lie on the ground. Taehyung approached him with the flag they had won and then assisted him. He let the younger hung his arm over his shoulders and brought him to a more comfortable place. Jeongguk winced in pain at each step.

"Does it still hurts?" Taehyung asked him. Jeongguk nodded feebly at him. "You should've proceeded with your idea to wear the boots. They would've protected the entirety of your feet. Why would change them to sandals?" Taehyung added.

"They are a lot more comfortable than the boots! My feet could breathe when they're on," Jeongguk talked back. Taehyung pressed his pointing finger at his lips.

"Hush! Be quiet, disobedient kid," Taehyung howled at him. Jeongguk lowered his head with his lips slightly forming a pout.

"Why would you refer that to me," Jeongguk murmured as he avoid Taehyung's gaze. The older was busy examining his feet. Taehyung looked his way and his brows almost met. He almost let out a gruff sound but he stopped when he saw how Jeongguk was so embarassed.

"What do you want me to call you then? 'Baby'?" Taehyung asked teasingly as he smirked at him. Jeongguk's cheeks turned into a more darker shade of red. He doesn't know what to do that's why he just waited for Taehyung to finish checking his ankle. "It's still swelling. Let's get you to the tent," Taehyung said and without a warning carried Jeongguk bridal style.

Jeongguk widened his eyes in shock and tapped Taehyung's shoulder, signaling him to put him down but the older doesn't seem to listen to him. People were looking at them but the older just gave them 'What do you want? Scram!' look and proceeded carrying Jeongguk to their tent.

"That is extremely unnecessary, Tae. People were watching!" Jeongguk said when Taehyung finally let him rest inside the tent. The other looked rather angry, almost said a word, but took something from his bag first.

"Let them watch, Gguk," Taehyung replied shortly with a gruff. He finally found the thing he was looking for and took it out of his bag. He let out a first aid kit and held Jeongguk's leg to apply medicine on it. He used a cotton and put antiseptic. "It will sting a bit," he reminded him.