CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: "you weren't mine to lose"

♬ You put me high, upon a pedestalSo high that I could almost see eternity ♬

So high that I could almost see eternity ♬

- "You Needed Me," Anne Murray

Jeongguk saw it coming before his eyes

Jeongguk saw it coming before his eyes. He knew they would face a lot of hardships as they insisted in making this relationship work. This love they were both involved in was surely a ruthless game. Why did he hold onto that small percentage that this love was really theirs?

Because he truly, but tragically loves Taehyung with all his heart even if they were both men and their romance was wrong in everyone else's eyes.

Tragic Love. Why would he describe it that way? It hasn't ended yet. Taehyung haven't broken up with him yet. But he knew he has to because Taehyung would be tied with someone else now. It hurts even more because his lover is engaged with his bestfriend, Vivianne. As much as it sounds cliché because he read something just like this from the books in their library, it is the reality that he needs to accept.

All he is thinking right now was the fact that Taehyung was distracted a lot these days. Maybe he knew about it already that is why he was distraught. But why didn't he tell Jeongguk sooner so he wouldn't be hurt this way?

If he was Taehyung, he wouldn't refuse a marriage with Vivianne too. She had everything. Wealth, good personality, and she was born a female. All the best characteristics that a person could have, she had them. Vivianne had the purest heart and she was well-deserving of someone's love.

Taehyung could give her that. He will be the best husband God could offer her. It hurts so much that you couldn't see any flaws that would make them incompatible. If so, why would they have to meet? Why do they need to get hurt if they weren't each other's end game? To learn how cruel the world really is?

A knock made Jeongguk wake to his senses. In the span of few minutes, he already thought of a lot of things. All he sees right now is the image of Taehyung and Vivianne happily living together with their children, enjoying their married life inside their own home. "Jeongguk! Please, darling, come out! I need to talk to you, please," A husky voice begged, and he already know whose it is.