CHAPTER NINETEEN: "wherever you stray, i follow"

♬ My heart is sayin', "Don't let go, hold on to the end,"That's what I intend to do ♬

That's what I intend to do ♬

- "Hopelessly Devoted To You," Olivia Newton-John

1965
Somewhere in a Hospital in South Korea

Kim Taehyung was listening closely to the television with his mother caressing his hair. Although he felt sleepy, he was decided to keep his eyes open as he was intrigued to the series he was watching. It has been a few weeks since his grandmother was admitted to the hospital. Eversince that day she was transferred to the VIP room, Mr. Kim didn't come to visit anymore. There was still no signs that Kim Celeste's mother, Mrs. Park, was recovering. She was still unconscious but both Taehyung and Celeste talked to her like she would hear them in her sleep.

Although sometimes Celeste would leave Taehyung to watch over his nanny, the kid never felt alone. The other who was named Jeongguk would always sneak in that VIP Room, and almost silently, they would play together. Taehyung always felt light and happy when his Cookie was around. It feels like there was some sort of connection between the both of them.

The series took a break, and so, Celeste stood as she carefully assisted Taehyung to sit alone in the sofa. It's almost time for their lunch yet they still do not have something to eat. Celeste had no one else to help them buy food so she herself needed to go out to take out some. There was a car she could drive that her husband gave her as a gift so going out is not much a hassle. She also learned how to drive because of him.

"Would you fancy a steak for lunch?" she asked sweetly to her Tata Bear. Taehyung obediently nodded his head like a good kid. Steak was his favorite, especially when it has mushrooms as toppings. Celeste knew she no longer needed to ask but she was just making sure because kids are unpredictable and they always change their minds.

"If you're going to buy me a strawberry juice, can you buy one for Cookie too?" Taehyung asked as he showed his puppy eyes at his mother. Celeste chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair.