CHAPTER NINE: "all along there was some invisible string tying you to me"

♬ Those were such happy timesAnd not so long agoHow I wondered where they'd goneBut they're back againJust like a long lost friend ♬

Those were such happy times
And not so long ago
How I wondered where they'd gone
But they're back again
Just like a long lost friend ♬

- "Yesterday Once More," Carpenters

1965Somewhere in a Hospital in South Korea

1965
Somewhere in a Hospital in South Korea

The seemingly silent walls of white started showing their true colors when a moving object started rushing in. The black haired boy was startled that he had accidentally thrown himself in the coldness of the bench that apparently wasn't sat on by any person for hours. For the people inside this establishment had believed, or they had hoped there won't be patients for today. The boy woke up with the presence of people in white uniform, that's when he recalled that he was inside a hospital.

"It's an emergency, please clear the way! Call Doctor Choi immediately," said a man in glasses as he pushed the stretcher inside the emergency room. It is an scary job, the boy guesses, because until know he can't believe what he saw. There must have been an accident for the person lying in the stretcher was extremely bleeding. It is a job that you would be proud of doing because you are saving other people's lives, but definitely it isn't for me, the boy thought again. The color of blood scares him.

"Taehyung! I thought you've gone somewhere far! Thank God you're just here," a woman embraced him in her arms and tried to carry him. The boy insisted to walk instead but his mother had scolded him already. "What did I tell you? You shouldn't be wandering around! It's dangerous for kids like you! You might acquire communicable diseases in here, let's come back to your nanny's room."

"Your father will be mad at you. You are the one who insisted you'll be going with me and then you want me to take you home now?" Taehyung's mother, Celeste, said to him. He sat at the chair and pouted. He watched as his mother approached a woman in white clothes. "Aren't there any available VIP rooms yet? I want my mother to be in a comfortable room. The intensive care unit is crowded," he heard her spoke, he didn't understand what the woman replied as drowsy feeling had invaded his system. A few more minutes and he finally fell asleep.