CHAPTER EIGHT: "that's the way i loved you"

♬ You are the apple of my eyeForever you'll stay in my heart ♬

Forever you'll stay in my heart ♬

- "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life," Stevie Wonder

13th of August 1978
Jeongguk's Room

After reading the last pages of that book, Jeongguk's vocabulary grew in abundance. Now that he had finished it, he doesn't know what to feel. He gently closed the book, as its pages and covers had become fragile since that book is already ten years old. It was one of those owned by his father. They did general cleaning that day in his father's home office and Mr. Jeon said they will throw them away but then Jeongguk pleaded that he would take the books instead. His father didn't say much as he knew how Jeongguk was a nerd, and so he let him keep them.

The book that Jeongguk was reading was famous back then in the 1950s. Though the book didn't end that well, he loved it. It was a romance story with a little hint of tragedy, the other main character died but it was because he had to save the other main character from drowning into the sea. They were able to say their last words before the other died.

Jeongguk didn't really like these kind of stories but this particular book was something worth reading for. It somehow reminded him of Taehyung. Not to mention the lead's character was similar to him. The last scene he read happened in the sea. Even this body of water reminded him of his lover.

His lover.

He still cannot process it. After what happened that day, he knew to himself that he likes- no he loves Taehyung. These past few months spent with him was magical. He felt so alive because of Taehyung's presence. He experienced how to love someone because of the older. Slowly, they were growing and hinting their feelings for each other. It is only a matter of time that Jeongguk will finally ask Taehyung for a date though he is expecting the other way round.

━━━

2nd of June 1978
A beach in France