CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: "magic in the air? it must've been the way you kiss me"

♬  Loving you is some kind of wonderfulBecause you showed me just how much you careYou've given me the thrill of a lifetimeAnd made me believe you've got more thrills to spare ♬

Because you showed me just how much you care
You've given me the thrill of a lifetime
And made me believe you've got more thrills to spare ♬

- "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)," Natalie Cole

The door was slammed shut and Jeongguk was lightly pushed inside his room

The door was slammed shut and Jeongguk was lightly pushed inside his room. Butler John kept on shushing him because Mr. Jeon might hear the commotion. Today was the day he and Taehyung both planned to escape from their families and leave the city. Maybe they weren't yet matured and they haven't finished college but they both just wanted to settle down after everything that has happened.

What would be their source of income? That still was a question for the both of them but they had decided already. They will proceed with the plan. Jeongguk has done packing up his things but Butler John was quick to notice that he's trying to leave the house that's why he stopped him.

"Why are you being against this now, Butler John!? You were the one who sent me that day to Taehyung so I could hear his side. Now we had decided to go off to somewhere and leave this boundaries that our parents had set!" Jeongguk paused as he begged for some air in between his words. "You... Y-You said you wanted to see me happy? Why are you like acting like this?" Jeongguk cried as he hold on tight to his baggage's handle.

"I let you go to him that day just to hear his side, Young Master. If you will go today, your father will be very angry to you. Please do not run away with Mr. Kim's son!" Butler John held his arm to keep him on staying.

Jeongguk tried to let go of his grip but he was too strong that he feels the opposite. He had to let go of the bag he was holding until it fell on the floor. He stared up to their butler and he went down to his knees to kneel. "Please, help me. Help me get to him. You're the only person who's with me right now and the person who understands me very well. I love Taehyung with all of my heart and I want to be with him. You have to help me," Jeongguk begged, tears began forming in the corners of his eyes.

Butler John was quick to hold his both arms and lift him up so he could stand. "Young Master, someone might see us. And Mr. Jeon will surely fire me if that happens. Jeongguk, young master, please don't do this to me," Butler John exclaimed. All Jeongguk could do was hung his head low, feeling hopeless once again.