CHAPTER TEN: "this slope is treacherous, i like it"

♬ You put the light in my lifeOh, you put the spark to the flame ♬

Oh, you put the spark to the flame ♬

"Don't Go Breaking My Heart," Elton John

5th of July 1978
Maple University

The students started gathering infront the huge gate of the university, waiting to receive the instructions from their advisers and professors that will be with them in the camping trip. It was the third day of student's retreat and this time, it will be happening in the woods. Tents as their accomodations and raw foods that they themselves will be the one to take care of using limited items such as gas, firewood, and lighters.

The days before the student's promenade are getting shorter and Jeongguk still doesn't know if he's going to attend or not. That was the thing that ran through his head except the fact that Taehyung isn't still around and they will have to go ride the omnibus auto-car soon and head to the camping site.

Everyone around him doesn't recognize him. He's starting to get uncomfortable without the presence of someone he knew. He didn't sign up for this. Only he was convinced because of Taehyung.

He released a huge amount of air of relief when someone called for his name. He was suprised to see another face of a person. Someone he had met before. "You are Jeongguk, right? Do you remember me? I act with Taehyung in different matinees here in France. I am-"

"Jimin, I know! It's good to see you again. Finally, someone approached me," he whispered to himself the last part of his sentence. It was really a breath of reassurance. Jeongguk then slowly noticed what Jimin was wearing. He wore a cotton viscose jacket tucked in his washed denim pants, secured by his leather belt. He was wearing interlocking loafer shoes too.

"That's great! By the way, V is coming so do not worry. You know how he's late when it comes to meetings or events," Jimin started the conversation since he knew how Jeongguk was a shy boy. Taehyung talked about him so much that even his friends knew Jeongguk's character and details. Jeongguk nodded to that and stared at his wristwatch, the one that Taehyung gave to him.