CHAPTER FIVE: "shining just for you"

♬ Lean on meWhen you're not strongAnd I'll be your friendI'll help you carry on

♬ Lean on me
When you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on...
For it won't be long ♬

- "Lean On Me," Bill Withers

21st of March 1978Kims' Chateau

21st of March 1978
Kims' Chateau

Those days, hours, minutes, even seconds spent with Jeon Jeongguk were all memorable and the experience he had felt around him was indescribable. It is as if, his tongue couldn't speak any words or language that could justify it. Not just any adjective could elucidate the feeling.

"How's your going out with Mr. Jeon's son?" For a second, Taehyung's mind couldn't digest his father's words that's why he was left staring out of nowhere. When he was accidentally splashed with hot water, it was only then he realized his father was talking to him.

"Will you be more careful!?" Early in the morning, Mr. Kim was enraged by the maid's mistake. The helper kept on bowing and muttering the words 'I'm sorry' over and over again. Taehyung rubbed his hand using the table cloth, believing it will lessen the pain.

"Father, it was alright. I was a bit preoccupied and I didn't notice my hand was placed near the cup," Taehyung said and faced the lady. "I'm so sorry. Please get me another table cloth," Taehyung politely asked the maid and she left with ease. Taehyung now faced his father.

"What are you thinking, anyway? I was talking to you," Mr. Kim said and wiped his mouth using his table cloth. It seemed like he had lost his appetite.

"Oh, nothing. What were you trying to say?" Taehyung asked and then tried diverting his attention by eating the food on his plate.

"I was asking you if you were able to go out well with... What was his name again? Jeong..." Mr. Kim trailed. "Jeongguk," Taehyung continued and then held his spoon and fork atop his plate. He then recalled the events yesterday. The younger boy told him he had fun with him after they watched the afternoon matinee. When they were done packing, they finally went out of the theaters and headed to a restaurant because Jeongguk was hungry. After they ate, Taehyung finally brought the boy home.