PROLOGUE: "i was enchanted to meet you"

♬ On the day that you were bornThe angels got together and decided to create a dream come trueSo they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and star-light in your eyes of blue ♬

The angels got together and decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
and star-light in your eyes of blue ♬

- "(They Long To Be) Close To You," Carpenters

3rd of March 1978
Bordeaux, France

The curtains of this crowded place fell 'til the floor like water and were spread on the windows like they were fire. Their primary role was to block the light from the outside world from coming inside. But this side of the earth was already covered with black canvases of clouds splattered with white dot-like stars and so their only role this time was merely decoration. That's the first thing that caught Jeon Jeongguk's attention the second he arrived in the place.

Celebrations are best celebrated during night time, and so, this enormous hall gathered all of Europe's businessmen even if it's past bed time already. The air was humid and the loud sounds of the day dies temporarily after sundown, making everyone more relaxed after a long period of work. That's what made the aforementioned statement arguably true.

Jeongguk silently listened to the soft chatter of men in suits who stood sturdily with their broad shoulders. He also saw how the women gracefully held their frocks made of expensive-looking chiffon.

For most of them, the decision of choosing this fancy place as the venue was the best too. After all, Bordeaux is the city that has exceptionally well-preserved wines, being the wine-producing capital of France. Notably, Bordeaux has about hundred thousand hectares of vineyards, and it has been producing hundred millions of bottles annually, including the most expensive wines in the world.

Although 'business' and 'drinking' suggest different concepts and denotations, businessmen just loved to drink wine occasionally, during their exhilaration and during the sad times, and so these terms became associated together.

Even if he's past the legal age already, Jeongguk never learned how to drink because he didn't have any friends who do so. But today, he was surrounded by people whose hands weren't empty, for they held magnificent glasses filled with red or dark-pink liquids. These see-through objects looked like they were finely crafted and specially wrought for these men in power. Little did Jeongguk know that they served as a bridge in igniting and engaging to business talk.