CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: "nothing good starts in a getaway car"

♬ I got everything that a man could wantI got more than I could ask for ♬

I got more than I could ask for ♬

- "Some Kind of Wonderful," Grand Funk Railroad

Kim Taehyung's been sat in the corner of the café all alone as he held a book that temporarily makes him think less of Jeongguk not arriving

Kim Taehyung's been sat in the corner of the café all alone as he held a book that temporarily makes him think less of Jeongguk not arriving. The coffee that was brewed by his friend, Migo, went cold already. It's past nine o'clock but he's been there even before the call time. The nearly depeopled street felt cold and lonely, and Taehyung can't help to feel that way too.

He wrote Jeongguk several letters, for the whole week to be exact, one for each day. The letters say the same lines. He will be waiting, eight in the evening, in the café. He's been waiting for the person he feels not arriving but there is this tiny hope he clungs into that keeps him from being patient.

He never wanted to be married with a person he doesn't love. Well, before, his father already said to him that he will find a good match and he agreed, but everything has changed since Jeongguk was involved in his frame. He can no longer stick to his plan that he will try to love the woman that will be introduced to him as his wife.

There's no way he would marry Vivianne, Jeongguk's bestfriend, of all people. He just can't because he knew that his lover will be shattered into pieces after knowing this. And it indeed came true. He assumed Jeongguk was heartbroken already that's why he never wrote back a letter as a response and he never saw him again since that day.

God knows how he misses Jeongguk so much. If only he could see him, embrace and plaster their lips together, one last time, for him that would be more than enough.

The small bells by the door started dinging and Taehyung became alert. His brain couldn't digest the words he was reading from that book. He just can't focus because it will be the last day he will wait for him. After this, he will no longer send Jeongguk letters, and he might accept the marriage between him and Vivianne. If only that visitor would be Jeongguk...

"Bonsoir, Ma'am!" greeted the enthusiastic Jacob when he entered the café. Migo's mother smiled at him and stared at the window where she was supposed to see her son, but he was already out as he took off his apron and gloves by the counter. He ran to Jacob and hugged him tight. They only pulled off when they realized someone was watching behind them too and it was once again Kim Taehyung.