CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: "i think i've seen this film before"

♬ You left me standing here A long-long time agoDon't keep me waiting hereLead me to your door ♬

A long-long time ago
Don't keep me waiting here
Lead me to your door ♬

- "The Long and Winding Road," The Beatles

Falling in love wasn't in Kim Taehyung's book of plans

Falling in love wasn't in Kim Taehyung's book of plans. What would've happened if he didn't attend that party that day? Will he ever meet Jeongguk in other places, in different time? But what if it was really meant for them to be together? This thoughts lingered around his head endlessly as he was left astounded inside Jeongguk's room.

Jeongguk had this distinction that makes him stand out to others. He was different in the older's eyes. Taehyung knew that he wouldn't find any other like him. This is also probably the reason why he fell hard to the point he would risk everything, sacrifice anything so he could remain by Jeongguk's side. The romance between the both of them was strong enough that they wish to turn their backs to the people who don't want them together.

He just thought of one thing. He will come back to ask his mother again if it was alright to be in love with a man and if he could fight for their relationship. If Celeste happens to bless their relationship, then Taehyung is planning to take him far away. He wanted to take him in a place where it was just the both of them. Where they both couldn't be followed anymore by their parents.

Kim Taehyung stood with his chest high, his fists facing the floor as he clenched them. There is no way he would give up Jeongguk. He walked towards the direction of the secret door to the library. Eventhough Jeongguk told him not to follow, he is now sure he would talk to him to fix their problem.

There he saw Jeongguk sat by the corner of the shelves, a book in his hands. He constantly wiped his tears as he turned each page, looking like the book was dramatic enough to make him tear up. But it was obvious that the book isn't the reason he was crying.

Taehyung walked to his direction and stood in front of Jeongguk's small frame, taking the book from him. He offered him his hand so he could help him stand up. The younger do not wish to show the older the tear stains on his face that is why he quickly wiped them. "Darling, let's talk alright?"