XXXIX

It had been two weeks since Link turned twenty. He felt like he was much more powerful than he was when he was seventeen. Link felt like a true hero with the Golden Crystal instead of the Master Sword.

Now he was sitting in Zonai Castle with Ganondorf, Demise, Zelda, and Hylia. He was bored.

They heard a knock on the door. Link got up to open it and found the guard from the town square standing there.

"Hey," Link said with surprise. "You came."

"Of course. May I talk to you outside?" the guard asked politely.

"Sure. Hey! Ganondorf! I'll be back in a moment, some guards need to ask me a few questions." Link called to his new boyfriend.

Ganondorf gave him a thumbs up and Link left the room.

"The Zonai army commander, Ruvo, assigned me to a different platoon. He told me that he had been told by His Majesty, King Zyphos to assign me to a different platoon due to some advice from the hero. So you really are the fated hero." the guard explained with excited astonishment.

Link nodded. "Yes. Again, you owe me nothing for reassigning you. Maybe one day... we will meet again. I plan to get everybody in this kingdom moved to Hyrule so they can live in their old kingdoms again." he responded hopefully.

The guard gasped. "Are you sure that there would be room for everyone up there?" he asked.

"We will allow you all to create towns for yourselves. You can create your own kingdom outside of Hyrule as well as trade relations and social interactions with us." Link explained to the guard.

"I see. Thank you, hero. We will always be in debt to you." he said.

"If you insist that you owe me, then do not mention this to anybody. I do not guarantee that the plan will work so I don't need possibly false hope spreading." Link demanded sternly.

The guard nodded. "Of course. I shall be returning to my post. Until next time, Link."

He left and Link returned to the guest room he was staying in. He immediately sat in Ganondorf's lap who wrapped his arms around the hero.

"Hey, my little hero," Ganondorf greeted lovingly.

"Hey, my big hero." Link answered back.

"How'd it go out there?" the older man asked.

"They were asking about the placement and my advice of the guard from the market yesterday." Link answered calmly, telling part of the truth but not all of it.

Ganondorf often got upset when people groveled to Link because he was the chosen hero. He didn't like how they would insist that they were in debt to him if they even breathed in his direction. He loved Link but not his multi-kingdom fan club.

And I love Ganondorf, too. I wouldn't even think to leave him for all the rupees in the world. Link thought loyally.

He shook his head clear of the sappy thoughts about Ganondorf. Link looked out the window at the rising mountains in the distance. It was weird to think that this cavernous kingdom was big enough to hold entire mountains the size of Hebra Mountain or Death Mountain in here.

According to most people, this place was made by the magic of the Zonai.

That must have taken ages. Link thought in amazement.

King Zyphos came into the room with a troubled face. Everyone looked at him in confusion and wonder. He stood in front of the window that looked over Zonai Refuge.