VI

Spring of Power:

Link stood face to face with Hero of the Skies. The Zonai Crystal was floating above his hand and the Skyloftian looked at it in a face of recognition.

"Perhaps I left a few things out about the relic's full power. Not only can it summon ancient heroes, but it can summon the princesses the hero helped, and companions. Like Princess Midna who helped the Hero of Twilight. Or Groose, who I am questionable to consider my companion." the hero said.

A/N: I am going to call the Hero of the Skies "the Hero" to prevent confusion.

Link looked at the crystal and the Hero stepped forward.

"Focus your will towards the crystal. Do not pay attention to anything else. Think of nothing except the crystal." he informed Link. The crystal's glow grew to an unimaginably bright green. The debris around the spring started to float and put itself back together.

Soon enough, the stone below Link and the Hero's feet was now a white marble. The goddess statue was the same color instead of the weathered, dark grey.

Link looked at his Skyloftian predecessor. "This is the Skyview Spring. It became known as the Spring of Power to your people when my people traveled to this land."

"Earth Spring?" Link questioned.

"This is where the Zelda of my time traveled to pray. Look behind you." the Hero pointed behind Link. The Hyrule Warrior turned around to see a guy and a girl.

The guy had red hair, a broad face, yellow eyes, and strong, muscly arms. The girl wore a simple dress with loose sleeves, and her hair boasted two pigtails that flowed over her shoulders from the rest of her hair.

"Hey, Hyrule Warrior. I'm Groose. Aquaintance to the Hero of the Skies." the man greeted happily.

"I'm Zelda, the first mortal incarnation of the Goddess Hylia. Close friends to the Hero of the Skies." the girl bowed respectfully. "It's a wonder to see how Hyrule has prospered this long and to see that the Hero's Soul still holds strong."

"Hyrule Warrior, the current hero. Queen Zelda is at Hyrule Castle right now." Link informed the group.

"Queen? How old is she?" Groose asked curiously.

"She turned 20 last week. I turn 20 next week. I was 17 when I took down the Calamity. It has been a few years." he answered the red haired guy.

"Well, happy birthday to her. I am in my 19 year old form as of now. So you are 19 right now?" Groose asked, genuinely interested.

"Groose, when will you stop flirting with every guy or girl you see? Ever since you got over your obsession with Zelda, you flirt with everyone." the Hero of the Skies said to his Skyloftian friend.

"No, it's fine. I'm used to flirting. Tell me I'm not the only one who has to deal with fangirls trying to come after the Master Sword that I was born with?" Link laughed heartily. Groose laughed with him.

The Hero of the Skies and Zelda just shook their heads with disappointment. "I'm returning back to the Spirit Realm. Groose, Zelda, you coming?" the Hero asked his two friends.

"Sure." Zelda answered. "It's a pleasure meeting you, Link." Link nodded at her respectfully.

"I'll stay. I want to see Hyrule. I want to see what the kingdom is like." Groose snuck a side glance at Link. The other two shrugged and bowed their heads. They disintegrated into particles of light, leaving Groose alone with Link.

"Ready to go?" Link asked.

"Of course." Groose answered.

Link whistled Epona's song and she came running. Groose immediately fell backwards and Link looked at him in confusion.

"Never seen a horse before?" the hero teased, amused by Groose's shock.

"N-no..." the boy answered with a small laugh.

"This is my horse, Epona. Get on." Link helped Groose get on the saddle behind him and let the guy rest his arms around Link's waist. Link snapped the reins and Epona took off.

-----

Groose had stayed at the inn on the other side of town, giving Link time to study the new abilities of his relic.

Adding to his notes, Link wrote down the summoning capabilities of the relic to show Zelda tomorrow.

Link wondered if he could use this crystal to fix every ruined structure in Hyrule to its former glory like he did with the Spring of Power. Maybe he could even restore some of the damage that remains unfixed on Hyrule Castle.

Link flipped his notebook to the picture of the Zonai Crystal he had hand-drawn. He added a small note about the speed the rings spin when their powers are activated.

He put his notebook away and went to sleep.