XVII

Hyrule (Link):
Link walked along the path down Dracozu River towards the Spring of Courage. He had been summoned by the Hero of Time to receive a new ability.

Alas, the massive dragon head came into view. And within it, the Spring of Courage. He walked into the massive statue and there, the Hero of Time stood.

"Hyrule Warrior. I sensed you were near. I can also sense the power of the Sage medallions. But you have yet to achieve the mark of the hero." he started. He handed Link a golden triangle.

Link took it reluctantly. As he did, it glowed brightly with a holy luster and the triangle was absorbed into Link's hand.

The triangle glowed a bright gold. But there were two darker triangles beside and above it.

"That is the Triforce of Courage. You can now wield its power to your disposal. You will have to receive the Triforce of Wisdom and Power from the other two trials." the Hero of Time explained.

"I thought Queen Zelda had the Triforce of Wisdom." Link said thoughtfully.

"She no longer carries the Triforce of Wisdom itself. It fulfilled its purpose so it returned to the Sacred Realm. The princesses will show you how to use the Triforce of Courage and Power once you obtain them." the Hero of Time explained.

Link nodded. The Hero of Time took Link's Sheikah Slate and marked the Spring of Power. "The Trial of Power starts there. The individual there will come off as a surprise. But he allies with us because they feel threatened by the Aygi Clan." the hero said uncertainly.

"I see. Ruto told me a prophecy. 'The Triforce will come together once again. Face a great evil with hands united.' Am I the hands united?" Link asked the hero.

"Long answer, you are the one who is fated to bring the Triforce back together and use it to defeat a great evil. You are going to have several trials and journeys. Short answer, yes, you are the hands united." the Hero of Time denoted.

Link nodded. The Sheikah Slate map stared back at him. "You should hurry along. History shows that evil doesn't stop for anyone." the hero said wryly as he started to fade, this time into green sparkles.

-----

The Akkala Tower and the citadel it was built into came into view. If he looked close enough, Link could see the small valley that the Spring of Power, the Skyview Spring as the Hero of the Skies called it, was held in.

That was his current target.

As soon as his body came fully to the tower, Link shadow jumped straight down to the South Akkala Stable with the Shadow Medallion.

From there, he headed down the path to the Skyview Spring.

When he finally reached the Ordorac Quarry, he discovered that a small military outpost had sprung up here.

Two guards looked at him. "Commander Link. The queen didn't tell us that you would be here. General Addax is in the largest tent in the back." the soldier on the right informed Link, pointing towards the back of the camp.

Link nodded and headed towards the back of the camp. Finally, he found the tent and ducked through the open flap.

"Commander Link, what a surprise." Addax said smoothly. Link didn't like Addax. He always seemed like he was up to no good with his oily, smug attitude.

Link nodded.

"Silent as usual. I hear your 20th birthday came and gone. Not a single shred of congrats to you." Addax snarked tauntingly.

Link rolled his eyes. It was true. No one wished him a happy birthday when he turned 20. But Addax had no right to have those words escape his rear end kissing mouth.

"You kiss your mother with that greasy, oily, smug mouth?" Link retorted. With that, he swept out of the tent. Leaving the general's mouth agape, he walked to the Spring of Power.

The vine-covered tunnel was one of Link's favorite thing about the spring. He walked through and up ahead, a dark-skinned, extremely tall, well built, red-haired man stood up ahead.

He smiled slightly as he saw Link walking up the steps towards him.

"The Hyrule Warrior. I have heard a great many good things about you and your acconplishments." the man bellowed.

Link nodded. The man seemed to get larger every second. He was kind of intimidating. Those yellow eyes of his gave Link chills.

"I also hear you seldom speak. However, not mute." the man continued.

Link nodded again. The man sighed slightly, with either frustration or disappointment.

"Who are you?" Link asked. The man brightened a bit.

"Wow, your legends about me and not a single name." he laughed.

Link shrugged. He thought for a minute before his mind considered something. "Were you part of the legends of the heroes adrift in time, steeped in the glowing embers of twilight, and sailing upon the mighty lion over the ancient seas with the wind?" he asked hopefully.

"Time, twilight, and wind? That sounds right." the red-haired man quirked an eyebrow. The yellow eyes seemed so familiar yet Link had never met a single soul with yellow eyes in his lifetime.

Ganondorf. His mind whispered.

"Ganondorf?" Link guessed. The man nodded.

"That is correct, young hero." Ganondorf laughed lightly.

"Weren't you evil in those legends, though? Do you plan to kill me?" the hero stepped back cautiously.

Ganondorf's mouth shifted. "I guess I was evil then. But I have good intentions to help you now." he mumbled.

"Have I offended you?" Link asked. He held out his hand for Ganondorf.

The man took it and sighed. "No, I just feel sort of odd when I am proclaimed as evil." he admitted.

Link nodded. "Honestly, it's the same for me when I'm called the hero."

Ganondorf's smile returned. "Really?" he seemed like a child who had found an interesting friend.

"Yeah. Zelda is always referring to me as the Hyrule Warrior. I get it when the ancient spirits of the heroes do so. But from the people I was born to protect, it's dehumanizing." Link explained to Ganondorf.

The red-haired man's smile softened into more of an understanding smile. "I was called a Demon King a lot. I had always wanted to have my own kingdom. It wasn't originally bad intentions, it was me trying to work for something. I suppose there are better ways to rule a kingdom, though." the man laughed wryly.

"Fair enough. I guess if you were to venture out to the lands around Hyrule... there is an uninhabited swathe of land to the north, unruled. It is about as big as Hyrule." Link offered hopefully.

"That's good to hear. But that can wait. As of now, I have a mission and another super important mission to defeat the new evil." he joked. He slapped Link on the back. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

"Wait, what?" Link's eyes widened.

"I'm gonna travel with you. I'm gonna lead you to your trials." he explained.

And without further delay, Ganondorf walked out of the Skyview Spring. Link ran after him.

The Trial of Power has begun.

A/N:
Sorry for not updating as much as usual. I have had some writer's block lately and haven't felt like writing lately. But Chapter 17 is out now and I can start on 18. This book alone will probably be about 50-60 chapters. This is pretty much Link getting the full Triforce.

I have gotten through 2 weeks of 9th grade, yay me. Me and someone who I have been friends with since Kindergarten have stopped talking suddenly. I've tried texting him twice within the past few days but no answer. Personally, I've decided that if he needs me, he can text me himself.

I also notice that he hangs around this other guy I don't like too much so yeah, whatever. I don't even know why that matters but okay its out now.

OKAY ENOUGH RAMBLING CHAPTER 17 OUT NOW and good bye.