XLIII

Ganondorf looked out towards Dueling Peaks. It was the crack of dawn and he could just barely see a sliver of orange light over the horizon. He often wondered how those peaks formed. It was part of Hyrule legend that the electric dragon, Farosh split the mountain straight down the middle.

However, he felt that was not true. Perhaps it could have been something else. But it was unbeknownst to Ganondorf.

Hyrule is beautiful. But it may not stay like this for much longer. the king thought, as his mood shifted from pride to dismay. Valoria wants to ruin this land.

But Link would stop him, Ganondorf was sure of it.

He looked west and a little bit south, where the Gerudo Desert was. He had yet to visit the desert, his homeland. Of course, it had changed since last time in Hyrule.

He knew that there were a race of purely women living out there in the harsh conditions. Link explained that they had a controllable source of water and their diet was composed of the local fruits and vegetables there, according to a study he read a while back.

Intelligent people. Ganondorf admired.

Maybe Link would like to move to the desert after they defeated Valoria. The Gerudo King looked down below the walls of the Great Plateau. He could already see a few soldiers shifting between the fires of the camps in the outpost.

Truth be told, Ganondorf couldn't sleep. He was always tired but at the same time, he felt like he had infinite energy.

So instead, he stared at the stars in an attempt to see something. He wanted to see something that would show that Valoria would be defeated.

Wouldn't the Hero of the Desert be a sign of Valoria's defeat? Ganondorf thought curiously.

Not necessarily. Ganondorf knew that firsthand. The Hero of Time sealed the Gerudo King away, but the Hero of Twilight physically killed him. However, Din allowed him to exist in the Sacred Realm.

The stars looked down at him. Nothing was seen of the future.

He closed his eyes and imagined the wind of the desert swirling around him. Then, he imagined the sand below his feet.

When he opened his eyes, he was rather surprised and very confused. He was in the Spring of Power. However, there was a sword in a pedestal in the center of the spring. It was the Demon Sword.

He was rather concerned. Why was his sword in the Spring of Power?

Then he saw a man walk up to the sword. The man almost exactly like Ganondorf when he was in his teenage years. He was around eight feet tall and had the same fiery red hair. He was dressed in Gerudo attire as well as having a ruby encrusted into a golden circlet that went around his head.

He grabbed the handle of the sword and pulled it out of the ground.

Ganondorf closed his eyes and found himself back on the Great Plateau. The sun had risen about halfway over the horizon and most of the outpost was awake. Oddly, they were all in a rush and running around.

He walked back to the entrance to the plateau. There, the doors opened to start the exhibition of business between Greater Hyrule and the Great Plateau.

King Ganondorf walked down the stairs into Gateway Town. Immediately, Link ran up to him.

"Hey, Link." Ganondorf greeted calmly.

"Ganondorf! There is trouble near the Bridge of Hylia. We must hurry!" he ordered frantically.

Ganondorf finally realized the abnormality of the outpost. Soldiers started rushing past with weapons. Ganondorf drew the Demon Sword and ran with the soldiers.

Behind him, his own soldiers appeared. Ghirahim, Vaati, Aghanim, Yuga, Veran, Onox, Chancellor Cole, Malladus, Zant, and every other evil in Hyrule appeared.

They marched off towards the Bridge of Hylia where they found a bunch of other soldiers, Hyrulean and Spector natives, fighting a bunch of Aygi footsoldiers being lead by a group of blademasters. The battle was huge.

They all charged into battle and Ganondorf swung the Demon Sword. He sent his blade into three soldiers and killed them instantly.

He used the Triforce of Power to send ropes of fire outward. Every enemy the fire touched turned into golden plumes of sparkles.

Ganondorf took the moment to look around and found all of the heroes, princesses, Queen Zelda, and King Zyphos fighting in the battle. He smiled as he saw blasts of green magic from where Link was at.

The Gerudo king felt strong motivation as he began to slay more and more of the soldiers threatening Hyrule.

Suddenly, a ball of golden light glowed from the center of the battlefield. A bubble of light then blasted across the field, sending dirt and rocks everywhere. It charged towards Ganondorf, quickly enveloping him.

Inside, Link was levitating. The three golden goddesses were around him, their crests in front of them. The Triforce glowed in front of Link.

All of the soldiers looked towards the hero and gasped. They saw Zelda's power, but Link was using it.

Link slowly drifted to the ground and so did the goddesses. They all began fighting.

But little did they know, a new presence was enterring the battle. Ganondorf could feel it. It was made of the purest evil in the cosmos. Even Lord Demise was not made of this evil.

Ganondorf almost retched at the feeling of evil near him. Hylia, Demise, and Queen Zelda must have been feeling it as well because they both had clear fear and sickness written on their faces.

Link walked over to Zelda and was trying to see if she was alright. Ganondorf saw Zelda shake her head slowly.

He then saw the skies darken. He looked around and formed a shield defensively.

Ganondorf did the same for himself, making a shield from the Triforce of Power. He looked to the Bridge of Hylia, where a huge presence was making its way across.

It had a very evil face with orange eyes and two dark horns protruding from his head. The smirk on his face said all of the evil plans he had for Hyrule. Ganondorf became angry just because of the smirk alone.

He wore purple and black robes, with red patterns all over them.

Valoria made his way off of the Bridge of Hylia and looked around at the battle below him. He smiled evilly. Ganondorf saw Link's eyes widen. He knew the hero was thinking back to his fight with Astor three years before.

"Alas, I have arrived. Hyrule, the demon of decline has come to your kingdom. I will leave you with a choice. Surrender to me... or perish beneath my heel!" Valoria bellowed smugly.

Zelda, Demise, Hylia, and Ganondorf all stood up straighter. They were no longer sickened from Valoria's presence.

Din, Nayru, and Farore all looked at Valoria and nodded simutaneously.

"Unfortunately, Valoria, it will be your time to perish. You will torment kingdoms no more." Din called out challengingly.

"Oh, really? And you are who to think that exactly?" Valoria countered.

"We are the golden goddesses of the Triforce." Din responded.

"Ah, yes. You three." Valoria answered.

"Well, any other words hast you?" Nayru questioned.

"Come at me, pathetic fools." Valoria said darkly. His orange eyes glowed with malicious intents that had yet to be spoken of and probably shouldn't be spoken of.

And the battle began.