XXXIV

Highreach Ruins was nothing compared to Highreach Village. It was lifeless, wooden beams and broken walls laying beside abandoned dirt paths. The most intact structure was an old fountain with Farore's crest at the top.

Link looked around in confusion. "How could anything live here?" he asked.

"Perhaps there." Ganondorf pointed to a cave entrance, presumably an old mining facility of sorts.

A sign read "Spectral Mining Facility" in glowing letters. The sign is carved in the same dark stone that formed the mountains and landscapes surrounding Link and Ganondorf.

They walked down into the tunnel, glowing fires spreading light further down into the stairway.

-----

A/N: Very big time skip to the boss fight against Scinadia because I am very bored and you have seen dungeon seens a million times so feel free to imagine your own dungeon for Link to complete.

-----

Link and Ganondorf approached the gold-plated doors. They pushed them open and walked into the cylindrical room that stood ahead. It was empty.

Then, the doors locked to the room and the men looked around defensively.

Suddenly, two glowing red eyes appeared in a dark corner. It belonged to a slightly darker, massive shadow that boasted four muscular arms, a big body, and a large head.

It stepped forward and Link got a glimpse of its features. It was dark purple, malice dripping all over it. Its eyes were a burning red. Thousands of strands of malice waved on its head like purple and black hair.

"Is that Scinadia?" Ganondorf asked in surprise.

Link nodded. "The Ancient Nemesis, Scinadia. It led the invasion of Highreach Ruins."

Scinadia let out a guttural groan and started toward the pair. Link took out the Zonai Crystal and Ganondorf took out the Demon Sword.

They raised their weapons in defense. Link focused on the Crystal and it started to glow a bright turquoise. The Hero of Time appeared to Link.

"Yes, Hyrule Warrior?" the hero asked.

"Scinadia. Do you know anything about it?" Link pointed behind the hero.

"Scinadia, eh? It was the result of a bokoblin and a moblin hybrid being exposed to malice. It mutated and became what you see now. I fought one once. It will attack you first with its claws. Then after a while, it will attack with malicious magic. Any other questions?" the Hero of Time explained.

"Strategy to defeat it?" Link asked.

The Hero of Time shrugged. "It has aimed attacks and you can see where these attacks will be aimed. When it attacks, move in towards Scinadia to get a few hits in." he suggested.

Ganondorf pondered this information for a moment. "I can provide a distraction with flame attacks with the Triforce of Power. Link, you need to be the one who takes it down head on." the Gerudo man commanded.

The Hero of Time nodded. "Distractions would improve your situation. Good luck, heroes." he said. He disappeared into green sparkles.

Ganondorf's hand glowed golden with sacred power. A burst of flame shot from his hand and at Scinadia. While the monster was recovering, Link disappeared behind it to launch an attack.

The hero focused his relic's power. Then, five purple orbs appeared around Scinadia. They swept towards their target and the monster roared.

His claws flew towards Link, who created the Sage of Fire's shield. The attack was repelled and the shield's thorns flew back at the monster.