XXXIII

Link and Ganondorf were at Highreach Village. They had been waiting in front of the elder's house for an audience. But they had been waiting for about two hours and the elder had yet to answer their request.

"What do you think we should do?" Link asked, feeling awkward.

"Maybe we should knock again?" the Gerudo man suggested.

"The guards said that the elder would be out to see us soon, though." the hero pointed out.

"Remember when they said that 30 minutes ago? An hour ago? An hour and a half ago? And two hours ago?" Ganondorf retorted sarcastically.

Link considered this. "Fair enough. But... what if we annoy him?"

Ganondorf sighed. "Link... if you are going to be the hero, act like it. The elder should not be delaying the hero this much." he said sternly.

"Yes, yes, I know. I'll be back." Link put on his tough face and walked up to the entrance.

The guards stopped him immediately. "The Highreach elder will be outshortly, please wait down by the veranda entrance." the left guard said.

Link raised an eyebrow. "I think not. Me and Gerudo King Ganondorf have been patiently waiting for two hours. And I don't think I should be kept waiting because I have things to do and I don't think Valoria is going to delay has plans just because some deadbeat guards wouldn't move aside." the hero complained loudly.

The two guards glanced at each other, then back at the hero.

"That means move aside, you idiots." he clarified.

They moved aside and the right guard cleared his throat. "Make it quick." he mumbled.

"Oh, trust me. I plan to make it quicker than you two." he retorted.

Link went inside and there, the elder sat on the dais. He was studying his hands with boredom etched across his face.

"You weren't supposed to come in yet. I wasn't ready." he oozed.

"Yeah, and Valoria isn't ready to delay his plans for Hyrule a few years because some old geezer's nail appointment was rescheduled." Link said sassily.

"I suggest you not disrespect me in my abode." he warned uninterestedly.

"Who here has the magical abilities? And who here has the power of the Triforce? Finally, who here is destined to defeat Valoria? Me, that's who. Don't disrespect me." the blonde boy answered dangerously.

"Yeah, yeah. What's your business in Highreach Village?" the elder man asked monotonously.

Link sighed. This man was the most frustrating guy he had ever met. Other than the Zora king when I was the Hero of Time. Curse his slow moving self. the hero remembered suddenly.

"I am here in accompany of Gerudo King Ganondorf. We seek the trial that was set here for me. A ruins of sorts." Link explained.

Suddenly, the elder looked interested and very much alive. "You are here to deal with the issue with Highreach Ruins?" he asked happily.

"Y-yeah. I am." the boy answered in confusion.

"You should have just said so in the first place. Highreach Ruins, of course. It was once the trading post for this village, a trade exchange of sorts. But it was overrun with cursed bokoblins, lo, five years ago." the elder explained. "None of the best warriors in the Highreach Mountains can take them on."

Link nodded. "That is why I am here. I believe I can help with that." he said.

"Yes, yes. You can find the ruins to the northwest of here. Follow the road northwest past the inn. But be aware. The cursed bokoblins are being lead by the Ancient Nemesis, Scinadia." the elder warned Link.