The Big Bad Wolf

A/N: From this point on, the contents may be gruesome for some. You are advised not to read on if you cannot take it.

Mindless. I was mindless.

I'd heard news of an enemy in my territory. I thought it was Red. I hoped it was her. How I missed her in three years. After I scolded her. I wished I could take back my words. Change them. But I couldn't. Countless nights, I watched her as she trained in the night. But I never had any courage to shift back in case she saw me. I was a coward, unbefitting of my role.

She even went into the woods recently. Her village suffered famine and rats. I heard news that Robin, once of the Red foxes Clan, was getting married to a village girl named Marian. Red sneaked past the gate to pluck flowers. I was tempted to appear in front of her, but I didn't want to scare her away. What would I have even said? So I just watched as a small firefly as she collected a bouquet. 

She looked so natural among the flowers. Oh how she might have been if she didn't have to live the Village. She could have been in my clan. I would have been her Alpha. Would things have been different? It didn't matter. I just took in the sight of her among the field of flowers. It hurt me when she left. The flower field looked ugly and dull now that the beauty was drained from them.

I ran, hoping I could see her again. The beautiful flower. Instead, I found a witch covered in pelt, fur and scales. I thought she was just a hunter, but she managed to defeat me easily. When I woke up, I was stuck in a room full of hay and bright torches. The witch stood in front of me, licking her tongue. "I wish I could eat you. What a shame. I'll have to save your skin for my pelt later."

I tried to shake the place down, but I couldn't. I couldn't escape. As I grew weaker, I turned into a wolf, and then my true form, as an Alpha, as tall as trees. I was hungry, and being an Alpha kept feeding me with energy to move. I wasn't sure how long I was gone. 

Then I smelled it. Her. The lovely flower. Her blood smelled intoxicating, and I was hungry. She kept running away from me, trying to cut me with a small blade, but the skin of an Alpha is thicker than a tree trunk's. 

I finally caught her in my teeth, and ripped her out. It was delicious, her meat, her flesh, her blood. It filled me with heat and water that quenched the thirst, putting out the fire of energy I had from eating. What a satisfying meal.

I could hear whimpers from her, and my size grew smaller till I was beg with human hands and legs. My clothes stayed intact, luckily. Where were those cries coming from?

Then I saw her, the face I longed to see. Red. I wanted to run to her, but there were bones in my hands. Bones with meat dripping off them. What animal's were they? From my mouth dripped blood. But I wasn't hurt. Who's blood was this?

I stared back at Red, her hood torn, a knife in one hand and- her other, torn. Ripped out. These bones. Her hand. The meat. No. No, no no, no!

I dropped the bones and ran to her! She moved her elbow towards me, then cried. She blanked out, her eyes closed like she was in deep sleep. But she must have been in so much pain. Blood, gosh, there was so much blood!

I noticed a hole in the roof. I must have caused that too when I was mindless. I carried her in my hands and could feel the presence of one less hand. Oh, Red. No- I had to help her escape. I was tempted to turn into a wolf and hold Red in my jaws. But I didn't trust myself now. I carried her gently in my hands and jumped from wall to wall to climb out of the shelter.

Little Red Riding Hoodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें