Little Red Riding Hood

I was running. What am I running from? I turned around and there was a giant wolf, coat black as coal, the underbelly, a mixture of greys. Why was I running? I should be staying. Talking to the wolf. It was safe after all.

I suddenly saw red. I looked to my side and my left hand, gone, crimson blood dripping from where my arm should have been. The wolf ate the arm and smiled menacingly, its eyes greedy for more of my flesh. Ah... so that's why I'm running. I was going to die by it, in the hands of one I considered an ally.

It was just me and the beast. Kill or be killed. If I could, I would rather not kill, but I still refused to die. I choose to kill. A kitchen knife appeared in my right hand. I clenched onto it tightly and charged at the wolf. Just as I pierced it, its form changed to one so familiar, it broke my heart. His black hair and golden eyes... Aloysius, staring back in desperation, his mouth agape as he clutched where the knife was. He staggered backwards.

No. No this wasn't what I wanted! Aloysius! Please- no! I ran up to him, but he turned into the wolf yet again. Why? Why was this happening? I wanted Aloysius, no matter how he was, human, wolf or beast. But I hurt him. He hurt me. Who was wrong? Could even one of us be right? I wanted Aloysius back, but what if I hurt him again? I did it once, so who could say.

My dream shifted to the Redhead Village. Ah, how long has it been, two days, three, not counting how long I've been asleep in these dreams. The situation was horrifying. The rats were everywhere, in people's houses, stealing their food. Bugs ate the leaves of crops and flowers, and buzzed over the small water lake we had.

"What- what happened? How long has it been?"

The villagers screamed in fear, calling it the plague of misfortune. Out of nowhere, a young boy, around my age, came, jolly and swell. He held a flute in one hand, and danced around the village. Who was he? I've never seen him before.

"Fear not, villagers! I shall save you!" the boy smiled brightly. The villagers stopped in their tracks and stared him down. "Don't believe me, just watch!" He pressed the flute against his lips and started playing a merry tune. The insects and rats stopped and crawled over to him, as if in a trance. Hypnosis maybe?

He stopped playing, and the rats and insects ran amok once again, more insane than before. The villagers broke into screams and begged on their knees.

"Please, help us! We beg of you! We'll do anything!"

"Anything? Okay! How willing are you to giving souls?" he asked as he spun his flute.

"S-Souls?" The villagers mumbled amongst themselves.

"Of course, I am very generous. I seek all the gold of the chief's treasury. It should not be too hard, right? He can always earn it back after all."

Everyone nodded. They ran towards the chief of our village, Mr Roon, banging against his door. Mr Roon lived in a fancy house, his table was always filled with food, and his walls were lined with marble.

"What is this ruckus!" Mr Roon opened the door to the villager's pleas.

"Mr Roon! Our town an be saved from the plague!" 

"How? Nothing can be done!"

"There is! A man with the skills of a charmer is able to hypnotise the pests! He only wishes you give up your treasury!"

"My treasury? Never! Send him away!" Mr Roon tried to slam his door in the villagers' faces, but they held their front. 

"You will! You should save this town!"

Mr Roon, unable to close his door, went to meet the mysterious boy. "And you are?"

"Pied Piper, my good sir."