"Because I love someone else." Jimin blurted out caused not only Jungkook but also Taehyung to widened his eyes. They didn't plan to say that earlier so why did Jimin suddenly say that? Well, it's because he knows this is the only way for Jungkook to let him go. Jimin knows how strong-headed the older is so he took this opportunity and used it, knowing this is where the part Jungkook doesn't have any choice left than to agree.

Jungkook on the other hand, once again couldn't believe what he just heard. His tears that gathered in his eyes, finally fall, wetting his red cheeks as he feel his heart burns into flames leaving him with nothing left but only painful memories. No. He doesn't want to believe this is Jimin... He somehow got the feeling that there's another reason behind those words... There's no way Jimin will love someone else when the boy said he loves him right?

"No. You're lying. That's not the reason." Jungkook protested against the boy's words, despite the pain he feel inside as he walked towards Jimin and grabbed the boy's hand slightly begging for the boy to tell him the actuality. "Tell me! Who forced you to say this?! Why did you suddenly say this?!" Jungkook pleaded desperately, slightly shaking Jimin body but the boy remain cold and restrained from him.

"This is not you, Jimin!! C'mon!! I know you well!! How could you tell me all of this?!" Jungkook asked as tears didn't stop crawling out from his eyes. He didn't care how pathetic or un-manly people might saw him that time, he just wanted Jimin to take back what he said and continue their relationship like nothing had happened.

"There's nothing wrong Mr. Jeon?! Can't you understand that?! I love someone else!! This relationship is not even serious!!" Jimin screamed out as he yanked his hands away from Jungkook grasp, feeling his cold barriers begin to melt by the sight of the older crying in front of him. He never imagined one day where Jungkook will cry in front of him... It was a heartbreaking sight not only for Jimin but Taehyung too. 

"No!! I'm not going to believe that!" Jungkook denied it as he pulled Jimin and hugged the boy tightly, scared if he loosen up a little bit, the boy will leave him. Jimin doesn't want to tell Jungkook that behind all of this is because of his own mother... He didn't want to make things worse by telling the older.

With half heart, Jimin pushed the male away, caused Jungkook to stumble back, stunned by the rejection even though he already speculated this to happen. As for now, Jimin eyes already started to burns as he stared at Jungkook who stood inches away from him, feeling every burst of pain the male feels that time.

"Thank you for everything. Let's go Taehyung." Jimin stated coldly as he walked towards his best friend who seems frozen by everything that happens and grabbed the boy's wrist, about to walk away when Jungkook voice stopped him. 

"D- do you... Ever love me?" The older asked this time as Jimin froze on his place. 'No Mr. Jeon!! I love you and still didn't stop loving you!!' Jimin screamed in his head before he turned around, facing Jungkook, and looked at the male deep inside the doe's eyes... "Never," Jimin stated coldly as he didn't waste any time and walked away with Taehyung left behind him, finally letting his tears fall.

If you think Jungkook is the only one who hurt then you're wrong. It takes Jimin many, MANY strength to say that to the male. God knows how badly he wanted to run back and tell Jungkook that he loves him and everything is just a mask but he knows he couldn't. Jimin wishes he will be the old him... The one who didn't care about others... The one who is always against the rules but everything change now...

He is no longer the sassy and rude Jimin...

As for Taehyung... He's still there watching Jungkook hugging himself against the car while tears didn't stop crawling out from the teacher's eyes. His mouth is itching to tell the male all of this is because of Jimin's mother but he knows that is not his place to tell. If Jimin didn't want to tell the older, he couldn't do anything other than complied and respect the boy's decision. Who is he to interfere with their relationship anyway?

You might wonder, how can Taehyung know all of this? Well, after school has ended which is before Jimin called the male; the boy already tell him every single thing starting from the moment when Jungkook dropped Jimin until his mother threatened him.

He didn't want to be that guy that turn their back on their best friend but somehow, he find himself agree with Jimin's mom. Not about the kick-out part of course, about the consequences of their relationship. Jimin mother was right about it all but even though she shouldn't threaten Jimin like that... By the scene in front of him, he knows Jungkook certainly loves Jimin... There's is no point in denying that.

"On behalf of Jimin... I'm sorry Mr. Jeon... Thank you for all the happiness you gave him for these past few months..." Taehyung mumbled lowly and was about to walk away when Jungkook called him out, catching his attention.

"Taehyung..."

"Yes?"

"Promise me that you will take care of him for me. Don't let a single tear fall from his eyes anymore. Promise me to protect him from any danger... Promise me." Jungkook declared looking at the ground. His heart was left broken by the boy, but despite that, he knows Jimin deserves the world. If what the boy said is true, then Jungkook is willing to let him go...

As long as the boy is happy... It's enough for Jungkook to be happy too...

"I promised you, Mr. Jeon..." Taehyung assured before walked away, leaving the broken man all along. Jungkook laughed at himself for this before remembered something... He hold out his hand and grabbed the flowers before placed in right in front of him. There's a tiny card in between the blue roses as he picked it up before opening it, reading the words he wrote back then in the shop.

Dear Jimin honey baby sugar plum sweet cake my baby sweetheart, I hope after you received this you will smile... Remember the day you saw me with the woman you were jealous of at the shopping mall? Well actually I bought a promise ring for both of us and I thought I want to surprise you that's why I brought her instead because her fingers are actually small and cute just like yours... I received a call from the shop yesterday that our rings are ready.

So... One question... Will you do the honor and take the rings with me tomorrow?

After reading the card, he burst out more as he hugged himself there, didn't even care if anybody in the neighborhood saw him as a crazy man; crying in his front yard. While Jungkook is crying his heart out in the yard, Jimin is on the other side not less than the male.

He's sitting on Taehyung's couch while hugging himself, burying his face in between his knees. Ever since he walked away from Jungkook, the pain in his heart increased every second, and somehow it managed to burns him alive. He feels some kind of tightness in his chest; it makes the air feel like razor blades moving through him. It is thinking he has it together and crying while waiting for the toast to pop, sobbing inexplicably in the aisles of the supermarket.

The explanation is nonsense but it is what it is... What Jimin feel deep inside couldn't be explained in millions of sad words. He feel his world stopped and someone just snatched that happiness from him in one go, leaving him with nothing than a monochrome world...

Jimin cries there, thinking this is the worst part of his life chapter... But oh, little did he know that is just the beginning of his nightmare?

In fact, the fun part didn't even start... Yet.

____________________________________

[A/N: Thank you for 10K reads!! I don't deserve it but thank you very much 😭😭]

Vote, comment, and share!!

Thank You!! 💜💜