Chapter 39- THE END

"I told you, I am good to go! I don't know why they still want to keep me here." Alec cried for the third time this week.

I eyed towards his head where the bandages were still wrapped around him— lesser than before.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure."

He stared at me wide-eyed before touching his head and pressing it lightly without wincing in pain, "See! I am not lying. I should be home now and preparing for our date rather than laying here while a nurse comes and insist on changing my clothes when in fact I can do that properly myself! It hit my head not my whole body that someone will come and help me change my clothes! I am pretty sure it's the nurse... I am telling you Serene, it's her, she likes undressing me! I am pretty sure she is the one who is convincing everyone to make me stay here."

I sighed because I have been listening to him ranting about the same topic for the past three days straight now. At this point, if it wasn't for his injured head, I swear I would have smacked him across the head by now.

"No one's keeping you here," I repeated myself for the third time, "You need to get rid of these bandages completely to go home."

He stared at me in astonishment before a wave of disappointment passed through his features.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head, "You are my girlfriend! You should be cursing that nurse out for touching your boyfriend for god's sake!" He whined, "And you don't care?! You don't care!"

Was it just me or has he been acting more like a kid since he gained consciousness?

But still, listening to him calling me his girlfriend gave me butterflies. He has been doing the same for the past few days too but every time he says, 'my girlfriend', it always makes my heart skip a beat.

"With you looking like that," I gave his dishevelled blonde hair a sorry look, "I don't have to worry about anyone."

He had shock written all over his face as he hurriedly got out of the bed and stood in front of me. He blocked my way as he spread his arms out.

"What are you doing? Get out of my way." I tried to step aside but he always came in front of me and blocked my path. At last, I folded my hands over my chest and gave him a pointed look.

He had his brows knitted together while he pouted in front of me— trying to look cute, maybe?

"Are you sure you are not dazzled by my good looks?" He asked suddenly changing the tone of his voice to that of the deeper range.

I stared into his enchanting blue eyes for a few seconds— completely losing myself— before clearing my throat and looking away from him towards the window in the room.

"No," I muttered knowing fully well that it was a lie.

"Liar." He stated.

I didn't say anything to that knowing full well that if I opened my mouth, I would surely stutter and make him confirm his doubts.

"I am gonna go and ask the nurse," I rambled quickly and stepped away from Alec to get away from him as soon as possible.

I was not that far when he held onto my wrist softly— making me stop. I turned around slowly in a questioning way.

What was it now? I thought we were past this conversation.

Slowly, he started walking towards me making me retreat my steps until I was against the wall. I watched him as he put both his hands against the wall, caging me in.